Coronavirus Adventures

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Casual Observer
Posts: 2376
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Casual Observer »

Whenever I fart around my wife now, I joke "just gave you another free instant Covid test honey" Sometimes she even laughs.

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 25440
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

BOOST!!!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Jizaboz
Posts: 3284
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Jizaboz »

I had a nice talk with an old friend visiting from out of town. While I am not sure what his thoughts are on me explaining I already got this funk in March 2020, when I relayed my severe and scary reactions to previous vaccines at age 12-13 such as extreme weakness, partial paralysis, breathimg issues,, blood pressure spikes and dips,, etc for allergy immuno therapy upon about my 6th shot and how I can't even take the flu vaccine (because they are egg based.. covid shots are NOT egg based) he said something rather refreshing..

"People like you is why all of these dumbasses that just refuse to take it should be perhaps forced with regulations."

While I can't say I agree with the latter part of that, it did make me realize well.. yeah, the feeling of drowning in snot, losing taste/smell and the fevers for weeks sucked but nowhere near as bad as I have felt when my hyper allergenic self got shot up with things within an hour to 8 hours.
The official sources I've read on my condition say that needs more research too,, but at the very least I should not get a shot without first consulting a doctor. Disappointing but not surprising you have to dig to get anything this because it's not as if either fall into the narrative on the news.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 25440
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Well, I would and have never engage on name calling. You are one of the ones that SHOULD, please, consult your primary care physician and tell them what you told us. If you can safely get your shot with your condition they will tell you!

The shot is delicious.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer
Posts: 2376
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Casual Observer »

Jizaboz wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:13 pmWhile I can't say I agree with the latter part of that, it did make me realize well.. yeah, the feeling of drowning in snot, losing taste/smell and the fevers for weeks sucked but nowhere near as bad as I have felt when my hyper allergenic self got shot up with things within an hour to 8 hours.
The official sources I've read on my condition say that needs more research too,, but at the very least I should not get a shot without first consulting a doctor. Disappointing but not surprising you have to dig to get anything this because it's not as if either fall into the narrative on the news.
Dude, get the shot. I got like barely a fever and ache for a day and my wife bitched and whined for a few days which means she had a constant 3 day orgasm. The shot won't hurt you. It doesn't even have fucking Mercury. It doesn't have a shred of the real virus, just mRNA which everybody knows only contains the instructions for the proteins that the virus uses to latch on so that the bodies immune system manufactures white blood cells that are programmed to seek out those proteins and attack them before they get a toehold in the body and cause someone to stop breathing and have to die in an iron lung.

Get the damn shot asshole, you're endangering everyone around you.

User avatar
Flack
Posts: 7921
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Flack »

In March, 2020, a coworker of mine who lives in New York posted on Facebook that he knew a guy who knew a guy who had COVID. Because I knew that guy, that made me a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy who knew a guy with COVID. When the numbers began to rise, I predicted that I too would eventually know a guy who knew a guy who had COVID -- and that if the numbers continued to trend (back then there was no vaccine) that eventually I might know someone who knew someone with COVID, that that someday I might eventually know someone with COVID.

It didn't even take a full year for that to happen. In the fall of 2020, one of my best friends caught it along with his entire family. They have no idea who originally brought it into their home -- none of them remember being around anyone who was sick. Around that same time, my sister-in-law got COVID and gave it to her mom and her stepdad who were living with her at the time. Her stepdad died.

That was something I hadn't predicted. I guessed that eventually I would know someone who had COVID, but I really didn't figure I'd personally know someone who had died from it. Sadly, it's becoming more common.

Yesterday, Jason, a kid from my high school, passed away from COVID. He was four years younger than me so we weren't close and only knew each other casually through Facebook.

Image

Then there's Erin, my friend's friend and a local elementary school teacher. She's five or six years younger than me, anti-vax, and anti-mask in the classroom. Here's the latest update on her page.

Image

Here's the latest update from my friend Sharon, who grew up in my neighborhood and rode the bus with me every day to school. She got COVID and spent a month in ICU, mostly unable to breathe. When she got home her oxygen levels kept dropping because COVID damaged her lungs and so she had to go back to the hospital for a second stay. She's been home for over a month now and is using a walker. Good news though, she can now stand for 20-30 minutes at a time.

Image

Here's my friend Cherrity. She got COVID over the summer, and then got pneumonia. After a stay in the hospital she was able to come home, but she got pneumonia again in August and is still taking antibiotics to fight that.

Image

Here's a Facebook post from one of my friend's dad...

Image

...and here's the last post on his page:

Image

None of these people thought they would get COVID. None of them were vaccinated. Half of them now have long lasting symptoms. The other half are dead.

I don't know what else to tell people.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

User avatar
AArdvark
Posts: 11497
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 6:12 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by AArdvark »

When I heard the acting governor was mandating masks in NY again I was annoyed. Mostly because I don't like to be told what to do, none of us do. Then I head one of the welders make a comment about how a person could get vaccinated and they wouldn't have to wear a mask and surprise we have to wear a mask anyway. Like New York State personally tricked the guy into getting a shot. That made me angry. Not because of his opinion, he can have his opinion, that's fine, but mostly because he isn't mature or intelligent enough to see the big picture. He only cares about his personal inconvenience. And he felt in necessary to spew his small-brained opinion to all and sundry. So I left work and took the dog to the park to calm down. Works every time.

Can we please have an America where people realize a lot of people are getting sick and dying because of this?

THE
WE BEFORE I
AARDVARK

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 7759
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Tdarcos »

Hey, I'm closer than Flack to this, I don't just know a guy, who knows a guy, who caught Covid-19, nor do I just know a guy who caught Covid-19, I am the guy who caught Covid-19.
"And that's why I've traveled far, 'cause I come so together where you are."
- Bob Welch, Sentimental Lady

Paul Robinson
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:40 am
Location: Just ask TDarcos; he knows

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Paul Robinson »

Tdarcos wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:48 pm Hey, I'm closer than Flack to this, I don't just know a guy, who knows a guy, who caught Covid-19, nor do I just know a guy who caught Covid-19, I am the guy who caught Covid-19.
Well, nice to meet you, Mr. Darcos. Now I can say, "I know a guy who caught Covid-19."
While there is time
Let's go out and feel everything!
- Steve Winwood, The Finer Things

User avatar
Jizaboz
Posts: 3284
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Jizaboz »

Tdarcos wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:48 pm Hey, I'm closer than Flack to this, I don't just know a guy, who knows a guy, who caught Covid-19, nor do I just know a guy who caught Covid-19, I am the guy who caught Covid-19.
Glad to meet you again Paul. Fellow guy who caught covid here since mid March of 2020. Also pretty sure I got the "Delta" variant as well, despite Delta Airlines being out of business for years.
Flack wrote:None of these people thought they would get COVID. None of them were vaccinated. Half of them now have long lasting symptoms. The other half are dead.

I don't know what else to tell people.
Jokes aside, Flack is completely correct. It has been killing people way before the CDC and such wanted to get real about even wearing a mask, never wanted to admit N-95s were best, etc. Earlier in this thread I relayed how a Japanese buddy nick-named "Fool Chan" of mine who caught the funk shortly after I did disappeared from the Internet. He later came back to say that he had been in the hospital for a month and that he could still barely walk. He is still at maybe 85% recovered. Much like Flack's friend with the walker.. except Fool Chan was 40 years old just like me. I had a co-worker die of it I am fairly certain because he had all of the symptoms yet had 2 negative tests back when the tests were shit and the hospitals were filling at a rapid pace. Another old friend named Paul of mine had his most important person to him die of covid, then when it took his grandfather he got fuct out of the inheritance by a blood-thirsty relative. My dad almost ended up in the same group getting sick around the same time.. felt like he was dying and the hospital would not even admit him. There are numerous stories like this.

I feel like most people being surrounded by all this death and sorrow (sometimes mostly artificially via television) are extremely angry and just want to point the blame where they can. "Bad Orange Man" is gone so now it seems the stereotype target is the Republican voting crowd. One of which I would say many unvaccinated aren't even registered as including myself. After all, if we are to believe stats and all then it is actually people who identify as black whom are in the majority of being unvaccinated; regardless of political affiliation.

There is the health issue too. I'm one of these wackos that believes if you are in relatively good shape and are not overweight or elderly, get outside often, etc then the only real fear you should have is being asymptomatic and spreading the funk. Aside from the fact that personally I have very little family and rarely enter indoor crowds, I really do not want to just gingerly make people sick to death merely going to Food Lion for groceries. However, I still have some questions or thoughts that I rarely hear talked about with any sort of realistic angle..

1. What of natural immunity after being infected? Multiple questions on that one as far as how thing group applies as a whole.
2. What of the cases of vaccinated people whom later got sick again and either almost died or did die? (My step-sister who is a long-time nurse talked about this some with me)
3. Israel. I personally recently dealt with a client there for quite some time and they can't seem to figure out why their infection rates are now getting out of control despite being one countries if not the country where vaccination rate is the highest.
4. How many "booster" shots will there be? Because my parapraxis ass body can take maybe 2 of these shots tops before it completely hates me.
5. As Aardvark mentioned.. if vaccines work then why should the vaccinated fear the un-vaccinated and un-masked? The only reasoning I can come up with on that one is because the vaccines aren't as awesome as they marketed to be. And man oh man are they banking on this market.

I have the same bleak outlook on this as I did from the beginning.. only time and death will make this go away.

CO: I don't expect to live forever, I did my part for a year wearing the stupid mask, and I would much rather prefer to die of a virus or disease rather then in an absolute quick panic of doom due to a severe reaction. I feel like I should be able to make that choice.. especially if I have the medical history to prove it rather than just blabbing about not trusting the government (which I don't, but still) or throwing out talking points from stupid politicians.

Flack: I am very sorry to hear of people close to you being affected or dying of it. Not trying to belittle things at all here.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 7759
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Tdarcos »

Jizaboz wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:30 pm
5. As Aardvark mentioned.. if vaccines work then why should the vaccinated fear the un-vaccinated and un-masked? The only reasoning I can come up with on that one is because the vaccines aren't as awesome as they marketed to be. And man oh man are they banking on this market.
For the same reason we fear those who don't get their kids vaccinated with the MMR (measles-mumps-rubella) vaccine. The vaccine is very effective and at about $90 to $100 for most people it's covered by health insurance or Medicare/Medicaid, meaning the cost is either $0 or a copay of probably $10 (if your employer-provided health care was set up before the Affordable Care Act.)

The problem comes from those that spread anti-vax bullshit and want to convince people not to have it done. So what happens? In areas where they encourage them not to vaccinate, measles infection rates skyrocket. I believe there was a region in Minnesota, not sure if it was Minneapolis, or St. Paul, that had a huge spike in measles cases and the related problems of them then potentially spreading it to kids like you, Jiz, who are sensitive to certain vaccines, and thus have trouble because they don't have the protection of "herd immunity."

Consider, if you're in a room with 9 people, and all the others have had the vaccine and/or caught and survived Covid-19 (and are no longer infectious), the population having protection is 90% and the chance you could catch it is 0%. But the lower this protection number goes, the higher the potential for infection.

The measles vaccine has another advantage: "gut immunity." When a person has been vaccinated, as they come in contact with other people, they act like "superspreaders," but in reverse, they pass the immunity on to other unvaccinated people, helping to protect others who don't even get the vaccine. I think the number is 6:1, every one person getting vaccinated helps protect 6 others who haven't been. But for that to work, the vaccination rate has to be north of 85%. A lower rate means more chances to be infected, who then becomes a new vector to spread the disease.

The same thing applies to Covid-19: the more unvaccinated people in an area, the more chances for one of them to be infected, and they themselves become carriers of the disease themselves who can spread it, either before they get sick, or until they get over it without getting sick.
"And that's why I've traveled far, 'cause I come so together where you are."
- Bob Welch, Sentimental Lady

User avatar
Flack
Posts: 7921
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Flack »

Blame shouldn't be pointed at Republicans or Democrats. Blame should be pointed at people who refuse to accept the facts being presented by non-partisan groups who perform validated and accredited research and analyze actual data -- not bullshit from some random guy on YouTube. Just because there's a Flat Earth Society doesn't mean the world is flat. My sister-in-law is a nurse. She thinks Covid-19 isn't real. She also thinks the little orbs she photographs with her iPhone in dusty rooms are really angels, and is perpetually broke from joining pyramid schemes. She is not a valid source for medical information.

I'm imagining a cartoon where every (Republican or Democrat, you pick) goes to stand at the mouth of a volcano to watch it erupt only to be instantly melted by the lava. In the next panel one guy says to another one, "boy, volcanoes sure hate those guys." Maybe Paul or Aardvark can draw that up for us.

I'm sorry to say that if you believe Covid-19 can't make you sick because you aren't overweight, you are wrong. My friend's dad who died from Covid ran a marathon earlier this year. My friend who is a fireman got knocked on his ass for two weeks by Covid this summer. Are you more likely to die from Covid if you have underlying health conditions? Of course. But lots of people without any pre-existing conditions are getting sick. Some of them are ending up with long lasting and possibly permanent side effects. And some of them are dying.
Jizaboz wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:30 pm 1. What of natural immunity after being infected? Multiple questions on that one as far as how thing group applies as a whole.
Multiple studies have been performed regarding natural immunity in people who have contracted Covid-19. In one case, immunity dropped off around the 5-6 month mark. In another study, levels dropped between 6-9 months. Covid-19 has been in the US for less than two years so there will be more data the longer this goes on.
Jizaboz wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:30 pm 2. What of the cases of vaccinated people whom later got sick again and either almost died or did die? (My step-sister who is a long-time nurse talked about this some with me)
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services says the unvaccinated are 15x more likely to die than the vaccinated (LINK). ABCNews contacted 50 hospitals in 17 and found "of the 271 total COVID patients in the surveyed ICUs, 255 patients, or approximately 94%, were unvaccinated against COVID-19" (LINK). Fox News, using numbers from the CDC, said that 99%+ of people in hospitals for Covid-19 are unvaccinated, and that "only 0.92 percent of deaths were result of breakthrough infections in fully vaccinated patients" (LINK).

To your sister's point, that does mean that 0.92% of cases are people who were vaccinated. Those are pretty good odds.
Jizaboz wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:30 pm 3. Israel. I personally recently dealt with a client there for quite some time and they can't seem to figure out why their infection rates are now getting out of control despite being one countries if not the country where vaccination rate is the highest.
Scientists are looking at what's happening in Israel very closely right now. Roughly 60% of people in Israel were vaccinated and their number of infections had dropped to almost zero. Unfortunately, the Delta variant arrived in Israel approximately six months after all those people got their second dose of the vaccine. Again, scientists are reacting to data in real time, but it is because of what happened/is happening in Israel that doctors are now advising people get a booster shot. This is one of the advantageous byproducts of countries sharing their data -- when there's an outbreak or new variant or improved treatment in one portion of the world, the rest of the world doesn't have to experience it first hand.
Jizaboz wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:30 pm 4. How many "booster" shots will there be? Because my parapraxis ass body can take maybe 2 of these shots tops before it completely hates me.
Well, if everybody got vaccinated then it would be none, because Covid-19 would go away. But that won't happen because "hurr durr my body my choice." So instead, this will probably last for many years, and people may need booster shots as outbreaks occur.

By the way -- perhaps you are not aware of this and it's not meant to be condescending -- the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are different than the Johnson and Johnson one. They have different ingredients, and so if you have had an allergic reaction to a shot or treatment in the past, there is a good chance one or the other will still work for you. A doctor can look at your medical history and tell you if one shot or the other is likely to cause a reaction.
Jizaboz wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:30 pm 5. As Aardvark mentioned.. if vaccines work then why should the vaccinated fear the un-vaccinated and un-masked? The only reasoning I can come up with on that one is because the vaccines aren't as awesome as they marketed to be. And man oh man are they banking on this market.
Well, let's define what it means for a vaccine to "work." Vaccines are designed to (1) lower the odds of catching a virus, and (2) minimize the symptoms if you catch the virus. If a vaccine lowers your odds odds of getting sick and helps you get less sick or recover more quickly, it "worked."

Vaccines are not a magical shield that protects a person from everything. It's more like a suit of plate mail with a +5 of healing designed to protect you from a very specific attack. We know that vaccines have to be very specific. For example there are 4 major variants of the flu (A, B, C, and D) and flu shots only protect against a single variant. So going back to your question about Israel, if another country is mostly reporting flu variant C over the winter, then that's the flu shot we get. It's playing the odds.

So why would I want other people to get vaccinated and/or wear a mask?

01. The longer people refuse to get vaccinated and/or wear masks, the longer Covid-19 will be around. That affects everyone.

02. The longer Covid-19 is around, the more likely it is to mutate. Again, this is science. Our current vaccinations will be less effective against new mutations and this cycle will continue to repeat itself. The Delta variant is a mutation that spreads faster, easier, and is more potent than the previous strain. The next mutation could be even worse or more deadly.

03. Just because I'm vaccinated doesn't mean I'm immune to catching Covid. By getting vaccinated and wearing a mask I'm wearing that plate mail armor, but a lucky arrow can still pierce it. I don't wear my armor at home. If my next door neighbor gets Covid, he could give it to his kid who sits next to my kid, who could give it to me. I want to be able to go to a restaurant again without watching everybody like the final scene of the Sopranos. Yes, I'm vaccinated, but everybody fails a saving throw now and then.

04. As of August 31, there are no available ICU beds in Oklahoma City (LINK). The majority of those beds are occupied by people with Covid-19 -- which, again referring to the Fox News report I referenced above, 99+% of those people are unvaccinated. Call me selfish, but there are lots of scenarios that can land me or someone in my family or one of my friends in the ICU, and the thought of people in need being turned away from the hospital sucks. This is a bit of a heartbleeder story, but yesterday a guy died because he had a heart attack, got turned away from 43 hospitals, and died while they were transporting him 200 miles away (LINK). I know you're a fan of Japan -- over there, they are literally turning thousands of people away from hospitals who have Covid-19 because there is nowhere to put them (LINK). People are literally showing up begging for help and hospitals are just locking the doors and won't even talk to them.

And finally,

05. Perhaps I am alone on this one, but I don't like it when people get sick and/or die, especially when the cause is preventable. If this were a regular cold or the flu then it would be easier to say "heh heh told ya so" when someone got sick. But when I see people I grew up with or know online posting selfies of themselves sitting in a hospital with an oxygen tube stuck up their nose, it makes me sad. Covid-19 does not care how you voted. It doesn't think or judge people based on their income or anything else. It's literally a string of code designed to attach itself to a host and replicate. The only solution -- literally, the only solution -- is to prevent yourself from becoming that host. I feel bad when news reporters shove a mic into someone's face and say "don't ya wish you had got the vaccine?" right before they are about to get intubated because sure, there's an agenda there, but I also believe those people when they say yes.

Jiz, you've been through some real shit over the past few years. You have shared stories with us here and elsewhere about your mom, your current living situation, and your job. I can understand why some of the things you've gone through might give you a bleak outlook. I don't want you to get vaccinated because I think you're going to personally give me Covid. I want you to get vaccinated because I consider you a friend and I don't want anything to happen to you. I want you to live for a long time and fix and play a thousand arcade games. I want to see more text adventures and other video games from you. I want to throw a big party and have people come visit my new house and play games and swim and drink beer and not have to worry about whether anyone is going to get sick. Jiz, I like your jokes and your sense of humor. You're super smart and valuable, even if some of the people in your immediate circle don't tell you that. I appreciate you, a lot of us here appreciate you, and I/we want you to be around for a long time.

I hope you'll talk to your doctor and reconsider your stance. "Time and death" is not the only solution.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Casual Observer
Posts: 2376
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Casual Observer »

Apparently the vaccines' efficacy drops over a number of months, that's why I'm getting my booster on September 20th.
My last job dragged us to NYC for a sales retreat a month ago , here's some statistics:
27 people
2 unvaccinated
14 tested positive afterwards
2 people sick enough to not work the next week ( guess which 2 )

User avatar
The Happiness Engine
Posts: 868
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by The Happiness Engine »

"Apparently the vaccines' efficacy drops over a number of months" This is a mis-characterization of how white blood cells work. lymphocytes drop as there is nothing for them to eat but T-memory cells know damn sure what this shit is when it sees it again. This is also why a lot of people have a worse reaction to the second shot, as your immune system goes all "I'm getting too old for this shit" and just fires off EVERYTHING.

This is also the primary mechanism for "you can still get infected but a vaccination will make it MUCH more likely to be mild." This isn't a black and white thing, this is how many millions of virus particles are in your body versus how well your immune system responds (as judged by us, not by how these systems actually work, hence "cytokine storms".)

I guarantee that right now you "have" samonella, but if it's not concentrated enough you won't shit yourself!

User avatar
Jizaboz
Posts: 3284
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Jizaboz »

Hey thanks for the long and thought out post there Flack. Nothing much I can disagree with but nothing much to add either. Just wanted to let you know I took the time to read it.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

User avatar
Flack
Posts: 7921
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Flack »

Image

Didn't make it.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

User avatar
AArdvark
Posts: 11497
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 6:12 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by AArdvark »

Just found out my wife tested positive, setting up a test for me right now. we're both vaxxed to the max so I do not anticipate bad things happening. will keep y'all updated..


THE
Q-TIP NOSTRILS
AARDVARK

User avatar
bryanb
Posts: 645
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:56 pm

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by bryanb »

You can let your wife know I'm wishing her a very speedy recovery. With the power of INTERNET STRANGERS on her side, how could she not kick COVID's butt in short order? I'm glad you guys are fully vaxed and everything should be fine, but a positive result is still a scary thing to see. My thoughts are with you and the fam.

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 25440
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Yes, good luck to you both and thank goodness for the vaccine!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 7759
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Tdarcos »

'Vark, I think having a positive attitude will help you. As she has been vaccinated, I expect your wife will get through this. Being supportive to her will be the best thing you can do for her, and for yourself. Because, in the end, family is all we have.
"And that's why I've traveled far, 'cause I come so together where you are."
- Bob Welch, Sentimental Lady

Post Reply