Who here IS NOT a jaded, cynical fuck?

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Which JC regular is NOT a jaded, cynical fuck?

You may select up to 5 options

View results

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Who here IS NOT a jaded, cynical fuck?

Post by Casual Observer »

Ody's little rant in the other thread got me thinking. Which of the JC denizens ISN"T a jaded cynical fuck? I'm guessing it's the guy who surfs and owns bitcoin for a living.
odyssia76 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:03 pmIt's been my life experience that people who purposely go out of their way to be that rude,arrogant, and insulting have deep seated mental issues they are trying to cover up with false bravado. They tend to be bitter, miserable people, and since I have yet to see Pinback say anything even remotely nice or positive here, the evidence shows i am right.
Last edited by Casual Observer on Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinback

Re: Who here IS NOT a jaded, cynical fuck?

Post by pinback »

He wins every other goddamn poll here, might as well stick with Team Flack. Also you spelled Jizaboz wrong, you jaded, cynical fuck.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I definitely still love life, I am open to new ideas and concepts and I don't shit on stuff for the hell of it.

It has to be me. Flack and Roody are also that way. Nobody else better get a single GODDAMN vote, although I will credit Pinback for being open to things about 50% of the time. Unfortunately, his dismissal of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and hetero pegging are a tricky, unavoidable ding.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

It's still amazing to me that Pinback can be the most Quint-like person here and still be able to write those lofty essays on his Pinback Central site

Edit: thank you for whoever voted for me!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Come on, goddammit! Gimme one fucking vote! I hate this place.

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:52 pm It's still amazing to me that Pinback can be the most Quint-like person here and still be able to write those lofty essays on his Pinback Central site
As my hero Neil Rogers was fond of saying, it's just a radio show.

I will never understand people who will never understand this. I'll give you a list of them, it's the cavalcade of winners who I'm supposed to have "run off" from this place.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Does anyone understand the show??

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

I'll go ahead and call it for the Flackster. Anyone with that many hobbies and seemingly enjoys time with his wife AND family has got to be the hap hap happiest son of a bitch ever.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Cynical yeah but "Jaded"? Isn't that an Aerosmith song or something? I don't want to be associated with that lol

I also voted for Roody as while we are all a jolly bunch, Roody spent a lot of time and patience with me helping learn Hugo!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

I thought Flack and Vark were the clear winners, but I also voted for ICJ because despite his many complaints, it really seems like he has them just to amuse himself and is largely much more positive than myself.

The rest of us have no hope!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Am I on a different BBS from the rest of you?

Jiz starts threads saying an entire style of music sucks unless it was from over 25 years ago and ends every message with "lol" as if he couldn't be arsed to give a shit about anything.

Aardvark refuses to eat anything that does have "garbage" in the name, and watches movies with the sound off, is how little he cares anymore about anything new.

Flack will blast a McDonald's breakfast burrito fart at you if you even consider asking him to play a game made after 1988.

ICJ's posts are so completely saturated with complaints about modern-day things and how it used to be that he had to make a specific thread just to isolate the rare thing he DOESN'T hate.

But no, yeah, I'm the cynical, jaded one. Bunch of shining pillars of joy, the rest of these folks.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

pinback wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:34 am and ends every message with "lol" as if he couldn't be arsed to give a shit about anything.
lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

I'm going to try to be better about optimism.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:20 pm Come on, goddammit! Gimme one fucking vote! I hate this place.
Look, just because you think you're not a cynical fuck does not mean you should prove you're a dick.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.