The demise of Twitter is funny to me.

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: The demise of Twitter is funny to me.

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Realnc, how do you feel about the management style on display at New Twitter?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:49 pm Realnc, how do you feel about the management style on display at New Twitter?
Don't know, don't care. I deleted my account over a year ago.

Ice Cream Jonsey

That lowered my follower count, so I don't like that you did that, even though you were proven correct.

You gonna be a Mastodon guy then?

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

No. "Social media" are not for me.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

The destruction of Twitter showed something obvious: Elon Musk is an idiot. Here is a video explaining why Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, and the guy who ram the crypto exchange FTX into the ground are idiot frauds; this base will not allow me to post inline videos (I am not allowed to use the media tag, so here's the link.

https://youtu.be/oVj4kZF-Fgk
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Present!

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:34 pm That lowered my follower count, so I don't like that you did that, even though you were proven correct.

Fun fact, I saw Mastodon well before their first album. May have been the bug jar but I killed those brain cells.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:04 pm The destruction of Twitter showed something obvious: Elon Musk is an idiot. Here is a video explaining why Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, and the guy who ram the crypto exchange FTX into the ground are idiot frauds; this base will not allow me to post inline videos (I am not allowed to use the media tag, so here's the link.

Elon is powered by apartheid sapphire mine money and lotsa connections. He's bipolar at best.

Casual Observer

Casual Observer wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:15 am
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:34 pm That lowered my follower count, so I don't like that you did that, even though you were proven correct.

Fun fact, I saw Mastodon well before their first album. May have been the bug jar but I killed those brain cells.
no not the bug jar, somewhere hickish with my RIT roomies. chili I think

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I give just much of a shit about Elon owning Twitter as Jack, really. WTF has really changed here except less advertising?

It just seems like a bunch of hype about nothing. I came to Twitter originally because my phone could only send and receive messages via SMS lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Casual Observer wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:17 am Elon is powered by apartheid sapphire mine money and lotsa connections. He's bipolar at best.
As has been pointed out before, \sSince he's from South Africa; Elon Musk is the richest African-American in the world.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

The Mastodon experience has been much, much, much better than Twitter EVER was.

I am following people that follow me back for the most part. And I am seeking out game developers, indie game creators, retro computer dudes and one Sabres fan. It's AWESOME. Commander, Ben, Aardvark - you guys would enjoy Mastodon. I followed one guy who I respect who you guys don't know who didn't follow me back and he is, unfortunately, still completely lost to politics and posting about what a hypocrite Sean Hannity is. I unfollowed that guy. This is the time to get in on all this.

I think you could all join the server I joined years ago right now. https://mastodon.gamedev.place/home

It is the most genuinely neat social media experience of my life right now. There is a Mastodon app. All Twitter is good for is laughing at what a stupid fuck Musk is, Mastodon is actually interesting.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I think I'm just getting too old to care about what the newest hipster social app is. I can barely even bring myself to login to Discord.

Twitter was initially exciting for me now just because you could operate it completely with SMS and I didn't have a smart phone at the time. I still say there's nothing wrong with "old style Twitter."

Also, for me to give an opinion about Elon Musk is about as worthless as my opinion on alien life. I can't praise or knock him because I simply can't begin to relate to being a mildly retarded man with all that money.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Jizaboz wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:26 am Also, for me to give an opinion about Elon Musk is about as worthless as my opinion on alien life. I can't praise or knock him because I simply can't begin to relate to being a mildly retarded man with all that money.
Make that a mildly retarded con man who claims to have lots of money. All of his grandiose plans become about as successful as Donald Trump's.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:52 am
Jizaboz wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:26 am Also, for me to give an opinion about Elon Musk is about as worthless as my opinion on alien life. I can't praise or knock him because I simply can't begin to relate to being a mildly retarded man with all that money.
Make that a mildly retarded con man who claims to have lots of money. All of his grandiose plans become about as successful as Donald Trump's.
Commander, I am not lying when I say that the last software project you did for me - the HugoMaze generator - would be ABSOLUTELY BEYOND Musk, the cretin.

He may be the dumbest famous person in tech. When I think back to co-workers of mine that were terrible, they could all do SOMETHING. I worked with a Java guy that just wanted to chat all day long about engineering architecture. He should have just been an engineering architect. He however was able to fix a bug when asked to fix a bug. When called out on it over a "Twitter Space" -- when challenged on what is "so crazy" about Twitter's stack - Musk's reply was "What a moron. You're a jackass." (I may have the quote wrong.)

Holy fuck I'd never willingly set foot in one of those cars again. I sure I will because eventually someone is going to have one and it would be this whole thing, but what a way to reveal to the world what a a dumb fucker he is

Ice Cream Jonsey

API keys were disabled, so the client I use, Fenix, no longer works.

Fenix didn't show ads and always displayed tweets in chronological order. Bypassed a lot of shit.

I'll never, ever let any software that Musk had a part with on my computers, so this is another goodbye to that shitty hellhole once again.