We're tired of you. Please go away and never return.

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

We're tired of you. Please go away and never return.

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

For years, Ben and I have tried to expand the roster and poster base of this website, in order to have interesting discussions. Well, it all failed horribly. So we're going to do something else. Something we're GOOD at. We are going to politely ask that you all go away and never, ever return.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Re: We're tired of you. Please go away and never return.

Post by Tdarcos »

At first I was going to say you posted this, 252 days late or 113 days early, i.e. on April 1. I just realized this was actually an attempt at reverse psychology. If this was serious, I would think you would announce one or more of the following:
1. Just ghost everybody. Be an insufferable prick, disconnect the routing from the DNS to this website, and quit. Say nothing and give no warning. Rude, nasty and cruel.
2. Announce you're sick of the hassles involved and announce you're closing down at the end of the month.
3. Announce that when your hosting contract ends, you're closing down.
4. #2 or #3, but announce that if someone else wants to run this place you'll turn over the databases and possibly the domain name, and let them host it on their own hosting.
#5. Let someone here buy it and for whatever the remaining contract period is and let them take it over.

If you're serious, please allow #4 or #5. If push comes to shove, I'll take it over and pay for it. I don't want to see a valuable resource destroyed and leave no way for any of us - ESPECIALLY ME - who would still want to continue to communicate with each other to do so. I mean, I'd be extremely disappointed that I'd lost the only friends I have, and I'd be terribly upset. I'd live, miserably for a while, but it would mean I've lost a place where friends are around.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.