Endless Space for $1

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

RealNC

Endless Space for $1

Post by RealNC »

Offer ends on April 17:

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Correct link:

(Both the game and the expansion, still $1 total.)

pinback

Post by pinback »

[youtube][/youtube]
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Damn, when I saw it said "Endless Space $1" I thought it was an ad for a Dropbox competitor!
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I am deeply pissed off at this game, and I haven't even played it.

First when I tried to buy it their goddam login page wouldn't let me buy something unless I verified the computer I'm using with a challenge-response which means it needs to mail me a clickable link. I've used this computer many times on Steam, there is no reason to require this.

So anyway, that could take hours for it to get to me if it ever does. So instead I use the browser in the Steam client, and that works. So I get to the page and indicate I want to buy it.

Well, I can understand the credit card and CVV boxes can't be autofilled, but it does not have anything in any of the selection boxes for all the stuff I've probably filled in hundreds of times, like first name, last name, address, etc.

So I fill out the form and submit and it says my credit card is declined. Come on! It's a card with a $3,000 limit and I've only charged $80 on it, it can't be over limit. I call my bank and find out I misread the expiration month off the card, it's 03 and I entered 05. You'd think they could design easier readable digits on credit cards.

Try again. System will not process the card. Or a different card. This is something I notice with Steam. Although it says if something went wrong, try again in a minute, if you have any problem with a credit card expect a 20-minute penalty period before you can correct it.

Turns out it checks the "save this card for future purchases" box, and I have to notice and uncheck it for the transaction to be approved.

So anyway, I left it to download and install. Get the game running and it wants to show me the tutorial.

Only problem is it's pulling the same fucking stunt I've seen on Portal and some other steam games, that for some reason they reprogram the cursor and it doesn't show. I have to move the (now invisible) mouse all over the screen in hopes I can cause the button I want to click on will change color and tell me it's there.

I can't see the fucking mouse! I have to try and guess where it is! Plus the nasty son-of-a-bitch likes to play games and tease me by flashing the button on and then removing the highlight before I can react to click it. I can't play the goddam game because the cursor has vanished.

Really useful and appropriate thing to do in a game requiring the mouse to play.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

You might have accidentally tried to buy the sequel, Endless Rage.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote:You might have accidentally tried to buy the sequel, Endless Rage.
I was going to complain I'm not stupid, I know what I bought, which cost $1, but you were making a joke about it. "Endless Rage" actually sounds like the real name of a video game.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

In Steam, right click on the game's entry in the game list, and in the properties disable the steam overlay.

This might fix mouse cursor issues.

RealNC

Re: Endless Space for $1

Post by RealNC »

Well, Endless Space Collection (meaning game plus its expansion, "Disharmony") is free to keep on Humble Bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/endl ... -free-game

Expires in a day.