Remote Viewing

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Re: Remote Viewing

Post by pinback »

I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Hey Jiz, can you provide a date for when you want me to conclude so that people still waiting to participate will know when their last opportunity is? Thank you.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Sure, you posted it on wednesday or thursday or last week so just reveal the picture on wednesday I think is fair.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Ok, fair warning to all still wishing to participate: I will be concluding my turn and revealing the image in approximately 24 hours from now!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Aw yeah! Looking forward to the results either way. I just thought it would be a fun game to play.

Anyone else got an entry?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Since Vaark took so much effort and my description was a bit too vague.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

So here is the big reveal:

When I was young I took a trip with my family to visit the Royal Gorge Bridge in Colorado. We went during the day but being that I was young makes the memory just recent enough so that I can remember it vividly but distant enough to make it feel foreign and otherworldly. This picture being surreal with the lights and the darkness I felt best represented that.

I guess at one time it held records for being the largest suspension bridge in the world but doing a bit of research it got bumped off even the top 10 some time ago. But I also looked up pictures of the bridges that surpassed it and they all look shitty and gay so fuck those other bridges. They should market it as The World's Largest Recreational Bridge because it essentially just connects one rock wall with trees to a separate and almost identical rock wall with separate and almost identical trees. I have been tempted to contact Colorado's tourism board by email and suggesting they use that as their new title but I'm not going to.

The two things that stick out most vividly to me is first a park representative saying how the bridge has gained a bit of notoriety over the years as a hot spot for suicidal bridge jumpers. This really stood out to me because I could do like 20 minutes worth of research on the Royal Gorge and its bridge and that wouldn't even make my top 100 list of interesting facts. And second, it still boils my blood to this day that the fine folks of Colorado would build such a wonderful recreational bridge for people to enjoy with their families and that there are people out there who would just shit all of that up by throwing themselves off of it.

The second thing that stands out the most are the deer. They have, or at least had, quarter vending machines that would dispense a handful of corn kernels that you could use to feed the deer there. This stands out because they will come right up to you and eat the kernels right out of your hand and while you are feeding the deer in front of you, others will come up right behind you and gently nuzzle your back, side, and arms in an attempt to gain your attention and their share of the corn. It was pretty cool interacting with deer that just get free corn from people all day because there demeanor, which you can see it in their eyes, is one of peace and love. I had gone deer hunting a number of years later and if a deer sees you it will give you the dirtiest look you've ever received in your entire life before it runs away. Imagine the worst rejection you ever received times a thousand, it is that off-putting and then some. It just made me feel like a creep and I never went back even though I bought all this gear I'll probably never end up using again.

Jiz's observations:

Yes to the clear skies, and the not being flat observation. The sparkling eyes can be loosely interpreted as the deer, but that's a stretch.

What really surprised me was the picture you drew because it is one large recreational bridge away from basically being the location I selected.

AArdvark's observations:

Yes, there was large rolling hills in a vast space and sparse pine trees. I'm not quite sure how you got barbed wire, I found that part odd.

In conclusion: I found this to be a fun exercise and I would like to take another turn to select a second location, this time one I've never been to but know a good bit about, to see how the results compare? Just let me know if that is something you would want.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Woah! Fucking weird. My first shot of thought as I dove into this was a scene from the San Francisco bridge. I thought to myself.. "No, that's too easy. I did just play California Games recently." Clearly, I was more right in that first shot with the suspended bridge over a chasm visuals.. but I didn't submit that. Perhaps because something felt wrong.. this isn't SF. Huh, yet again another confirmation to just stick to my gut with these things.. maybe. Shit, now I really feel like I failed at my own game but learned something.

Vark's entry does have some weird synchronicity thing going on too. He basically confirmed that the hills I described with words were too small in his mind and added the bobwire. Wait until you see an image from the DPRK game once I finish it.. he basically drew the exact same image I keep looking at when working on the game.

Thank you very much for your entry! Great job, Mays. I honestly had a lot of fun being on the receiving end here.

Who's next to submit a picture?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

That's twice now that I feel like I wasn't trying hard enough.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

So you want me to post another 4 letters or what?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Yes please

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Billy Mays wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:13 am
Jizaboz wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:15 pmimgur
I can just post the image here, I just thought I would send it to ICJ beforehand as an additional control element on the experiment. It's a picture I pulled off of google because I don't even think I own any pictures. It is somewhere I have an emotional attachment to and the photo sums up my relationship to that place fairly well as I will elaborate on once this is completed. If ICJ is busy with stuff then let me post the four letters now, I'll try to keep with the precedent Jiz started with his turn regarding interacting with participants, and I will post the image and conclude once Jiz gives the go ahead.

The four letters are:

TGWA
Okay. I'm seeing ... a downtown location. Somewhere in a city.
Not many colors. Black and ... a yellowish something.
Multiple store fronts on a city block. At least two.
A decision? A choice to be made? A fate to unlock?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Jonsey made me laugh again!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Billy, is there someplace else that you have a special memory of that will transmit across the nullverse and we can pick up on it. I really want to try this again only I''m afeared that I'll just be guessing instead of picking up on the vibes, or whatever. We all need to get into the zone!

THE
TWILIGHT
AARDVARK

Flack

Post by Flack »

Ok, my turn.

I just stacked $3,000 in cash on my desk, along with a $20 from my wallet. The $20 bill is now stuck to the wall directly above my monitor, where I will see the serial number somewhere between 8-12 hours a day. I will also look at the serial number and read it once every ten minutes.

If anyone can remotely view the serial number, they can have the three grand.

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

1. Per the OP, you need to designate a 4 letter code that participants can use to channel in on.

2. Which is now completely unnecessary since we all know what the serial number is. (the serial number is printed in the back right border of $20 dollar bills in a special ink that is visible to the human eye but deceives photocopiers).

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I am now ALL IN for remote viewing. I'm gonna win that money!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Hm good points, Mays.. though I read this as the serial number of on the sticker of the monitor itself it is stashed behind.

While I totally agree this isn’t normal practice, I submit the following:

The person that can list at least 2 consecutive letters or numbers in that monitor serial gets 20$ for each number or letter in a row that matches. If they get 4.. then we have a legal discussion.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Also, I’m all for another puzzle as I originally posted, but someone besides Mays should submit the next challenge just so everyone gets a turn at that part before another round.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

And per the monitor guess.. factory abbreviations do not count. No hp- or whatever.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻