Games for my Christmas break

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Games for my Christmas break

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I've got over a week off. Usually I waste all such vacations. Not this year pal. I'm going to spend hours working on IF because otherwise what is the year about? But I am going to at least try the following games:

Alien: Isolation
ATOM RPG
Fallout: New Vegas (get back to where the plot of it is)
Heat Signature
Witcher 3 (continue where I was quite enjoying it)
Blade Runner (consulting a walk through to get to where I was when I stopped playing it in the 2000s)
Resident Evil 2 (bought it, everyone says it is awesome... never started it.)
Yazuka 0 (Now that I am past the hour of movie)
Seven: The Days Long Gone

And maybe others. But I want to give all of the games above at least a half hour.

I'd also like to write another Trotting Krip review. So there we have it. Finally, a week where I have time and almost no commitments.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RealNC

Re: Games for my Christmas break

Post by RealNC »

That's like saying you're going to watch the first 20 minutes of the best movies. Just focus on one. Like Alien Isolation.

Also, Resident Evil 2 is garbage. I tried it for a couple hours, couldn't cope with how retarded it is and uninstalled it.

Ice Cream Jonsey

RealNC wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:42 am That's like saying you're going to watch the first 20 minutes of the best movies. Just focus on one. Like Alien Isolation.

Also, Resident Evil 2 is garbage. I tried it for a couple hours, couldn't cope with how retarded it is and uninstalled it.
You can't control me! I do watch the first 20 minutes of movies but if they are terrible, I stop. I guess that is what I meant.

I forgot that I already got as far as I wanted to get for Heat Signature for reasons I won't get into. Onto New Vegas!

Ice Cream Jonsey

New Vegas really is good. I am wondering if I am just "burned out" on the Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Fallout: NV side of things.

And I didn't like it at all when it first came out! Look at these threads! The beginning of the game is poor, I think, but there's plenty of stuff to do and characters to dislike once you leave the first area.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

I liked 3 but felt NV was really confining: you can really only go on a grand counter-clockwise tour of the map and... meh? I think I mainly just hit my combined hours-limit for what is the exact same game, in retrospect.

The most fun I had was getting Rose of Sharon Cassidy as a companion, using her Whisky Rose perk to get my character as drunk as I the player was, and then handing all my plasma grenades to the AI because it "probably knew what it was doing." Random encounters become much more interesting.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Yeah, it's good. Better than FO3. But not sure what you expect to get out of it since you're not gonna play it for at least 20 hours or so to actually get into it. (It's one of those 100+ hours games.)

Ice Cream Jonsey

Well, I had played the beginning years ago and somehow Steam kept my save So I am past the beginning that people, myself included, do not like a lot.

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

After years of gently savoring the gorgeous, turn-based game, Divinity: Original Sin, I finally pushed through the last few hours to complete the thing. Sometimes, there would be a gap of months in-between plays, this last, final time was an oozing, fetid maw of over a year. Mercifully, I didn't spend nearly as much time as I thought I would trying to re-learn my mission, my objective and which direction I was supposed to be headed (I headed right).

Purchased Divinity: Original Sin 2!

Ice Cream Jonsey

I really only spent time with Fallout: New Vegas. And it's so good. They had 10 years to fix the bugs and they mostly did so. I've had two crashes and that's it.

I'm at a part in the game where you have to have a certain number of credits to get into Las Vegas. You are then on your own to figure out how to get that money. That is a thing I used in Fallacy of Dawn and it makes me happy to see a real AAA game use it, because it makes me think that maybe I could have been an adequate game designer. I can't quite tell if I have played this part already or not. I ... don't think I have ever been in New Vegas proper? I don't know. None of it I remember.

Fun game.

(Haha, they got rid of ANY way to have imgur give you different sizes for images. I cannot believe how badly they fucked their site up. I know I saw that all the time, but goddamn, are they the worst. I have never seen a company do nothing but remove features instead of make any new ones. Sorry for the giant image.)

Ice Cream Jonsey

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

We had that discussion before, heh.

For a small thumbnail, append "s". For a medium one, "m". For a larger one, "l". For a huge one, "h".

Code: Select all

https://i.imgur.com/OFJhMVUs.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OFJhMVUm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OFJhMVUl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/OFJhMVUh.jpg

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

As for the game, yeah. It's good. Probably because it was not made by Bethesda but by Obsidian, who are waaaay better when it comes to writing.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Glad you are enjoying it. Some people are remaking New Vegas in Fallout 4 and I’m looking forward to that mod.

It is cool how they give you many choices with this one. I also really enjoyed the scenery of Vegas itself. That violin background music too man.. some of the most brilliantly depressing shit I’ve ever heard.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻