Coronavirus Adventures

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by AArdvark »

So my wife has a sinus infection, she gets one every fall when the weather changes. In order to prevent it from turning into bronchitis, which has happened before, she went to an After Care to get some 'cillins. While she was there they gave her a routine Covid test. Imagine our surprise when the test results came back positive. I don't feel sick at all and the Mrs is getting over her sinus infection so what the hell? I can't go back to work until I test negative and she started her retirement a week early. So here we are. It's a mini covid vacation, yay

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Update: I still aint sick. had a nostril test yesterday. if they dont call me back then I'm negative. no news is good news. Mrs AA has moved into the spare bedroom for ten days and the bathroom is wiped down more times a day than your average two year old baby. If they dont call me by Sunday night Im going into work. I only had to wait two hours to get my 30 second covid test so I feel like a winner.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I got the “I think it’s a sinus” infection round 2 myself a while back. Got it from a vaccinated friend. It really wasn’t as bad as the first time, but was rather annoying. Had to sleep off a day and a half or so.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I'm going to try to get my booster soon, November 11 or 12. I want to wring every last bit of vaccine out of my second shot.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

We do nose tests every week. At least, now, they let me do it, by taking the one-sided long Q-tip into my nose about two inches, so that it neither hurts not triggers a sneeze, swab the inside of the nostril, then remove and repeat on the other one, as opposed to the old way, which was, jam the thing in until it cracks the skull, and there a hole has beeh punched, and there is blood coming out of the nose, spin it around, pull out the swab with blood and brain on it, then do the same on the other nostril.
Last edited by Tdarcos on Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:21 pm We do nose tests every week. At least, now, they let me do it, by taking the one-sided long Q-tip into my nose about two inches, so that it neither hurts not triggers a sneeze, swab the inside of the nostril, then remove and repeat on the other one, as opposed to the old way, which was, jam the thing in until there is blood coming out of the nose, spin it around, pull out the swab with blood and brain on it, then do the same on the other nostril.
You don't say!
Tdarcos wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:04 am We're on 2x weekly testing here. At least now, once I knew what they want, they let me stick the large one ended Q-tip up both nostrils myself. Why is that important? Because when I push the stick in, I can feel where it is going, and how to insert it so that it doesn't hurt.

As opposed to the way they do it, which is to ram the thing in until it cracks the skull, spin it until it scrapes a piece of brain, and they pull back a nice pulpy mass of blood and brain plus bone fragments.

Then it's time for the other nostril!
Oh wait, yes you do.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Well, it was so nice, they do it twice!
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:11 pm I got the “I think it’s a sinus” infection round 2 myself a while back. Got it from a vaccinated friend. It really wasn’t as bad as the first time, but was rather annoying. Had to sleep off a day and a half or so.
At some point isn't it easier to get the shot than to have all these people keep giving you COVID-19?

Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:46 am Update: I still aint sick. had a nostril test yesterday. if they dont call me back then I'm negative. no news is good news. Mrs AA has moved into the spare bedroom for ten days and the bathroom is wiped down more times a day than your average two year old baby. If they dont call me by Sunday night Im going into work. I only had to wait two hours to get my 30 second covid test so I feel like a winner.
How it going????

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I'm still not sick. The mrs is getting better every day. She'll be out of quarantine by Friday. Then it's back to normalcy

THE
SHARK IS WORKING
AARDVARK

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:24 pm
Jizaboz wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:11 pm I got the “I think it’s a sinus” infection round 2 myself a while back. Got it from a vaccinated friend. It really wasn’t as bad as the first time, but was rather annoying. Had to sleep off a day and a half or so.
At some point isn't it easier to get the shot than to have all these people keep giving you COVID-19?
I explained the personal at risk of shock thing before, brother. No it is not! That shit was mad scarier.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:01 am
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:24 pm
I explained the personal at risk of shock thing before, brother. No it is not! That shit was mad scarier.
I am genuinely asking, not giving you a hard time:

There's three independently-developed vaccines. Fourth if you want to count "Sputnik." All four of them are going to put you into anaphylactic shock?

This is what the CDC site says about allergic reactions:
Anaphylaxis after COVID-19 vaccination is rare and has occurred in approximately 2 to 5 people per million vaccinated in the United States. Severe allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis, can occur after any vaccination. If this occurs, vaccination providers can effectively and immediately treat the reaction. Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines and allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis.
So a person has a greater chance making the active roster of an NFL football team than experiencing an allergic reaction. Granted, with how the kicking has been in the NFL this season I'd bump that up a bit, but still. It sounds like the odds of a reaction are statistically zero (which is why they have us wait 15 minutes after getting it) but if something does happen, they have a cure for that. If this is a "price of salmon" thing and I have it wrong, I am genuinely open to knowing so.

pinback

Post by pinback »

You'd have a greater chance of catching botulism from fish thawed in the shrinkwrap!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Epi-pen. Solved.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Where do I stab the fish with the pen?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

At 120$ a pound, I do not recommend stabbing the fish at all!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

This looks very interesting. I had no idea there was an iinternational athletic competition (similar to the Olympics) called the Military World Games. They are held every four years, starting in 1995. The event is shown in a stadium where tens of thousands of spectators watch. The 2019 Military World Games were held from October 18–27, 2019 in Wuhan, Hubei, China. GIven that this was just a couple months before things got bad, could this be what caused the outbreak? We'll see.

Be aware, this is from Sky News Australia, which I believe was started by Rupert Murdoch, who later founded the FOX network, so be aware of their potential biases. But, the point is still valid: could this have been the superspreader event that caused this worldwide pandemic?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ha yeah "Military World Games" almost sounds like cheap shovel-ware game released for the Nintendo Wii, but is a thing since the mid 1990s.

This video is an hour long and as Paul pointed out is made by Sky News; so I skipped around.. but I liked what this Miles Yu dude said at 33:20.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

I got a booster shot on Tuesday. I would say I felt weird until about 3 hours ago. Slept pretty well Tuesday and Wednesday night, not gonna lie there.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

My buddy, the anti-vax, anti-mask guy had covid. Funny how he never mentioned it to me. We were supposed to hang out this weekend but he called it off because his wife tested positive. I called him back and in our conversation he said he had it a couple weeks ago.. Nothing bad happened, thank god, but it could have. The covid put him in bed for a week but that's all. Dont know about any long term problems yet. I think he was a little embarrassed to admit he caught the virus