Coronavirus Adventures

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by Casual Observer »

Ok, now I'm really vaccine jealous. Here in WA, we're still at the stage where I would have to have 2 underlying conditions at my age (or live with an old person or someone who is immune compromised). This means I'm stuck fucking double masking and wiping off every goddamn thing that comes in from the outside for the foreseeable future. At least Biden is saying by May everyone can be eligible.

Flack

Post by Flack »

At least two dozen people have warned me about the potential side effects from the second second vaccine shot. I've been warned about fevers, chills, headaches, and just feeling under the weather. When I woke up this morning I laid still for a few minutes to take inventory of all my aches and pains. My neck hurts, my back hurts, my hip hurts, and my knee hurts. Problem is, all those things always hurt. Other than a slight bruise where I got the shot, I don't have any symptoms, and certainly not anything that hurts more than everything else hurts every day.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Flack wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:48 pm At least two dozen people have warned me about the potential side effects from the second second vaccine shot. I've been warned about fevers, chills, headaches, and just feeling under the weather. When I woke up this morning I laid still for a few minutes to take inventory of all my aches and pains. My neck hurts, my back hurts, my hip hurts, and my knee hurts. Problem is, all those things always hurt. Other than a slight bruise where I got the shot, I don't have any symptoms, and certainly not anything that hurts more than everything else hurts every day.
Yeah I find it kind of weird how on most social media outlets people are chomping at the bit to know if people are feeling awful after the 2nd shot. I've even seen memes about it like its expected or something. For me an example of this was tetanus shots. When I was working jobs doing demolitions and such I was keen on always getting that booster shot every 10 years because fuck dying of lockjaw. Always heard how bad it makes your arm hurt then later your whole body is sore. I only had pain at the injection area so I dunno wtf they were on about.

On the other hand, as a kid I had to get allergy booster shots like every 2 weeks for about a year. While I believe it ultimately did help me build a lot of immunity to 14 different allergies, I also believe it was getting close to killing me. Towards the end of that year, I noticed the pain in the injection arm getting worse despite them alternating arms between visits to the outpatient clinic administrating the shots. The next visit, the pain moved to my leg too. The time after that, the opposite side had basically turned completely painful, weak, and numb.. to the point I walked with a Limp. Mom saw how fucked up I was and that was the end of that.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I know a few of you got shots and are fine, but my coworkers getting 2nd shots are having to take a whole day off. One girl says she flat out can’t move. Gee, feel like shit and still have to wear a mask because Dr Fauci see the vaccine doesn’t stop the spread. Am I the only one that thinks this doesn’t make sense?

I won’t be taking this. Especially if it means I will lose privileges if I don’t. I already had the actual funk last year as well as my dad.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Jizaboz wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:34 am I know a few of you got shots and are fine, but my coworkers getting 2nd shots are having to take a whole day off. One girl says she flat out can’t move. Gee, feel like shit and still have to wear a mask because Dr Fauci see the vaccine doesn’t stop the spread. Am I the only one that thinks this doesn’t make sense?
You get a milder form of the reactions that your body would engage in as it makes the antibodies against the virus. So if you feel bad for a day that's GOOD, it probably means getting the thing in its real form would kill you.

I was run down for about 20 hours on the second day. I've had worse hangovers. I'd trade feeling bad for a bit for immunity! I get a little run down when it comes to flu shots too, but it's a million times better than getting the flu. So I don't know man, it's a miracle that we have vaccines, I don't want to let perfect (you're immune and never feel bad at all) be the enemy of good (you're immune to one of the worst diseases in our life time but feel lethargic for a little bit).
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Jizaboz wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:34 am I know a few of you got shots and are fine, but my coworkers getting 2nd shots are having to take a whole day off. One girl says she flat out can’t move. Gee, feel like shit and still have to wear a mask because Dr Fauci see the vaccine doesn’t stop the spread. Am I the only one that thinks this doesn’t make sense?
A few people I know got the vaccine and felt bad for a day. Most people I know who got the vaccine didn't feel bad at all. I know people who had COVID and got knocked down for 2-3 days. My friend's mom got COVID, stopped breathing, and has permanent brain damage. My mother-in-law's husband most likely died of COVID. Life's crazy. Do what you gotta do and good luck.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Ok, I know it seems like I wrote before, but this is the second head that sprouted from ICJ's neck after shot #2 and I gotta say

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:42 pm
You get a milder form of the reactions that your body would engage in as it makes the antibodies against the virus. So if you feel bad for a day that's GOOD, it probably means getting the thing in its real form would kill you.
Dude, thank you. That is the most logical thing I have heard anyone say about this topic in a long time!
Flack wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:22 pm A few people I know got the vaccine and felt bad for a day. Most people I know who got the vaccine didn't feel bad at all. I know people who had COVID and got knocked down for 2-3 days. My friend's mom got COVID, stopped breathing, and has permanent brain damage. My mother-in-law's husband most likely died of COVID. Life's crazy. Do what you gotta do and good luck.
Right! That is what I heard as well. I don't think these 2 coworkers were bullshitting because they are upper-level, and the female did mention that she gets colds and flue often (Very rare that I get either). My friendz grandmother died of it last month despite all the precautions, pretty sure it killed a coworker last year, and my dad said he felt like he damn near died back when he caught it March of last year like I did. I agree with you Flack.. people should do what they need to do in their own personal, family, and work situation.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/04 ... ata-shows/
99.992% of fully vaccinated people have dodged COVID, CDC data shows. No vaccine is 100% effective. But the COVID vaccines seem pretty darn good.
I truly feel lucky that we have this thing. These things.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Regarding the Johnson and Johnson vaccine -

Fewer people developed blood clots than were killed at the FedEx shooting last night.

More people were permanently banned from baseball during the 1919 "Black Sox" scandal than developed the blood clot issue with the vaccine. YES it sucks. YES those people have my sympathy. But I just wanted to put it into perspective for anyone on the fence about getting the vaccine.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

My parents wont take the vaccine, my uncle neither. Mom's an anti-vaxer due to going off deep into the trump cesspool of lies and shit (she likes trump because she's racist. My dad would do or not do anything as long as it shuts her up. My uncle has been a coast to coast wacko for years so he's a lost cause.

My wife and i will absolutely getting hopefully the Moderna one soon. It's the only way the wife will let me out of pandemic prison (god do I really need some alone, it's been a tough year).

Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:40 pm More people were permanently banned from baseball during the 1919 "Black Sox" scandal than developed the blood clot issue with the vaccine. YES it sucks. YES those people have my sympathy. But I just wanted to put it into perspective for anyone on the fence about getting the vaccine.
It's important to me that you all know I am referring to the Chicago White Sox players here.

Casual Observer

Yeah, we saw the movie.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I fucked that post up. I would like to try it again.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I just read the Bill Bryson book about 1927 and he talked about the White Sox. Those poor players had to pay to get their baseball uniforms washed out of their own pockets. No wonder they wanted to make some cash on the side..

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

So Governor Roy Pooper of NC just announced we will relax mandates including masks on the date of..

June 1st. Memorial Day. Which.. yeah I guess that’s cool and all because the water slide place at Emerald Isle expected this but this whole thing is just as fucking stupid as Trump saying it would be over by Easter last year.. in reverse. Forbid anyone in power coming down in the middle for common sense and independent thinking.

Memorial Day. 07/01. Get the fuck outta here! Such a magical number just like only the Apollo mission where something went wrong was #13 and the Patriots won the Super Bowl after 9/11. U.S.A !!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:28 pm I fucked that post up. I would like to try it again.
I, for one, would be perfectly happy to grant you a mulligan, and I strongly suspect everyone else here would too.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

Tdarcos wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 6:23 am
I, for one, would be perfectly happy to grant you a mulligan, and I strongly suspect everyone else here would too.

I second the motion. Go on, Jonsey, give 'er another go.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

First injection completed, I can hear Bill Gates in my head now

Casual Observer

Pfizer or Moderna, Vark? I was going to get the Moderna but at the last minute switched because of the 20 days versus 28 days thing.