Why have we not helped Tdarcos?

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Why have we not helped Tdarcos?

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 6:01 pm There are half a dozen posts on this forum where people have offered to send Paul things to improve his quality of life. He has ignored all of them, and focused on this.
Because with the exception of you, nobody ever follows up on what they said they would do, or uses flimsy excuses.
  1. Several months ago, I think Jonsey offered to send me a surplus Kindle with a number of books. Nothing happened.
  2. Ben was so excited about having me read and discuss one of Eckhard Tolle's books that he was going to buy me a copy, until he got mad over something I said (probably to someone else), and rescinded his offer.
  3. When RetroRomper put out an unsolicited proposal for Jolt Country T-Shirts at an astronomical $60 apioece, and clearly no one else was interested in them at that price, I tried to offer a suggestion on how to reduce the cost of his (unafordable) suggestion so others might be interested in it, and he got angry because I tried to fix a problem, that, first, as was pointed out, nobody asked him to make the offer, and second, nobody was interested at $60 apiece. And he complained how he was going to send me one for free. First, I probably couldn't wear one, and second, I never asked him for one.
  4. The only thing I even suggested I needed, despirately, was a cell phone charger. Nobody even so much as squeaked that they could help, not even a surplus, extra, used charger; I eventually had to buy another phone to get one.
In short, every time supposedly someone is going to offer to give me something, the offer evaporates. So I take all such claims of offering me something in the same way as claims that Microsoft will release a piece of software that will do what we want and not be garbage: vaporware.

And of the vaporware offers I've seen. the offer is not anything I really need. Or the one time I seriously did ask for something I needed, nobody offered any help. (I'm excluding when Jonsey did get me an Imgur account; an account isn't "something" in the sense of an object, it's a service.)

So I can't take any "claims" that someone will offer me something (with the exception of you, Flack!) as anything but chimerical.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Re: Post your PICOROIDS high scores here!

Post by AArdvark »

whiny is making it all about you know who again. what he NEEDS is enough self ambition to start doing things for himself. things like sitting up in bed

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:31 am The only thing I even suggested I needed, despirately, was a cell phone charger. Nobody even so much as squeaked that they could help, not even a surplus, extra, used charger; I eventually had to buy another phone to get one.
Ice Cream Jonsey offered to buy you a charger and asked what kind you needed.
You did not respond.
https://www.joltcountry.com/phpBB3/view ... 06#p108203

Casual Observer offered to send you a Samsung S6, complete with charging cable and block.
You did not respond.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11538&p=109161#p109161

I offered to buy any charger you wanted off of Amazon and have it shipped to you.
You did not respond.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11538&p=109161#p109159

When you posted you had tested positive for Covid-19, Aardvark offered to send you a Nook:
https://www.joltcountry.com/phpBB3/view ... 82#p107692

If the search feature worked a little better I could probably find half a dozen more responses where people offered to buy and/or mail you a phone charger.

I think we all agree that you've been dealt a bad hand, but to say that the members of Jolt Country haven't offered to send you things is a bit disingenuous.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

guys
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

pinback wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:43 amguys
Man, must be nice.

(Goes back to reading drywall critiques in my arcade cabinet thread...)
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Flack wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:51 am
pinback wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:43 amguys
Man, must be nice.

(Goes back to reading drywall critiques in my arcade cabinet thread...)
I ... I have failed you.

One sec.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:51 am whiny is making it all about you know who again. what he NEEDS is enough self ambition to start doing things for himself. things like sitting up in bed
Ain't gonna happen without assistance, say from people from Rehabilitation. Medicare will only pay for that while one is in recovery, the 90 days of treatment it will cover. That expired months ago. Medicaid won't pay for it.

Tsummary: aint gonna happen.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Re: Why have we not helped Tdarcos?

Post by AArdvark »

If Ben can drop a whole person off his bones you can sit up, I have confidence!

I want to be able to tell people "Hey, I know this guy In Va. He clawed his way out of Death's waiting room, I mean, the guy had one foot in the grave and one foot in a dog food factory in Jersey and he was sitting up in a month and walking with crutches in under a year. It was incredible."

That's the kind of positive we all could really get behind.

THE
NORMAN VINCENT PEALE
AARDVARK