I'm taking some time off ~ Stay Classy Jolt Country!

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Re: I'm taking some time off ~ Stay Classy Jolt Country!

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:27 am
Billy Mays wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:36 am As someone who has been the recipient of pinback's vicious attacks in the past, I have to tentatively side with Retro on this one.
Do you need any help compiling all of those incidents together so you can mass-paste them in a thread later like a psychopath?
Look who's talking. That's a little on the nasty side. You personally, have admitted you "fell off the wagon" and resumed drinking (alcoholic beverages). Whether that's once or more I neither know nor care. Some addictions can require multiple failures to recur, some only one, and I do not know which it is in your case. What I do know is, you've admitted that alcoholism drove you into a spiral of deception: to your wife, your friends, and ultimately to yourself. I noticed your somewhat bad behavior when I made a mistake about Helen Reddy being in Airplane! and you went on a full-blown sarcastic mode that probably took longer to find that buzzer sound than it would have taken 10 seconds (as I did) to go on IMDB and be able to point out it was Maureen McGovern I was thinking of. BTW, I now know why I had her confused, Helen Reddy did play the singing nun in Airport 1975 which Airplane! parodied. And I had, in fact, seen both/i] movies.

Right now this fight between you and Retro seems to be looking more and more like two kiddies in a mud puddle throwing mud at he other and then pointing out how dirty the other one is.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Tdarcos wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:00 pmYou personally, have admitted you "fell off the wagon" and resumed drinking (alcoholic beverages).
Can we have a feature where people who have made their lives an absolute dumpster fire disaster like Retro and Paul can't judge others for how they live their life?

pinback

Post by pinback »

What fun is that? That's prime content, CO!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

Casual Observer wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:00 pm Can we have a feature where people who have made their lives an absolute dumpster fire disaster like Retro and Paul can't judge others for how they live their life?
I feel like this would have been a stronger zinger if a non-drunk had been the one to make it.

Aren't you glad that we're back to showing the world the friendly face of JC?

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

bryanb wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:20 pm
Casual Observer wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:00 pm Can we have a feature where people who have made their lives an absolute dumpster fire disaster like Retro and Paul can't judge others for how they live their life?
I feel like this would have been a stronger zinger if a non-drunk had been the one to make it.

Aren't you glad that we're back to showing the world the friendly face of JC?
Well. . . I"ve never been institutionalized, I have both my legs, and don't live off your taxes so I think I can throw that stone.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I had to disable Retro's account. It's not permanent, if he wants to come back here in a couple months that's fine. But as a self-admitted bipolar person this isn't healthy for him.

That said, without Finsternis and Retro we all need to either bring back former posters to fill the void or find some new people. I will try to bring some people in for the cast but this is also something that each of us can participate in.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Nobody I know will touch this place with a 3 meter pole. I had already tried to get others to visit.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I don't know anyone that would post here. There are no cool people in my life except for you all.

THE
NOBODY GETS IT
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

Tdarcos wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:56 pm Nobody I know will touch this place with a 3 meter pole. I had already tried to get others to visit.
Name one, and I'll mail you a certified check for $100,000.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

This is not a healthy place for anyone who isn't From the Internet.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:15 pmI had to disable Retro's account.
As the official Arbiter of the JC MVP awards, I am suspending the rule that states only active members are valid for nomination. 7 billion people today went about their daily routines unaware that the best thing happening on the internet was here, God have mercy on them.

RETRO IS VALID FOR NOMINATION.