Quick gaming takes. Quick takes. First impressions.

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Quick gaming takes. Quick takes. First impressions.

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I fired up a few games I had bought a while back tonight. Here are MINI IMPRESSIONS.

Hades - Fine. I guess. Are people playing this with a gamepad? The art is just on the good side of the line for me. I really don't need games telling me how to play them any longer.
Blasphemous - It took forever to get going. I actually had to Alt-F4 it because it is one of those games where it takes forever to DO anything. Looks nice once you get playing.
Electro Ride - OK, so for racing games, you gotta tell me if forward moves the car or if I gotta press a separate button. It did tell me. But then the car slid around the track. I've played games where they don't start you off by sliding your ass around the track. Looks nice.
Control - this game doesn't save your spot

OK, that's it for now. Bye.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RetroRomper

Re: Quick gaming takes. Quick takes. First impressions.

Post by RetroRomper »

Control - like Max Payne, except it's a woman and the entire game is that trippy baby bedroom scene for 15 hours.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

They HAD save anywhere in Max, which means that Control is a step backwards. I will never, ever understand why these dumbshit studios let themselves go down the checkpoint path.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:05 am I will never, ever understand why these dumbshit studios let themselves go down the checkpoint path.
Turok 64 would like to have a word with you.

"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Metal Gear V - Phantom Pain

The most modern Metal Gear game I had previously played was Metal Gear Solid 1, but I still play Death Stranding from time to time. Phantom Pain has one of the most insane introductions and prelude I have ever experienced. Much better than the Call of Dookie cinema stuff. The actual gameplay reminds me of Death Stranding but in Afghanistan surrounded by people that want to shoot me. Instead of delivering packages, I am delivering captive soldiers and their equipment back to my base. 7 hours in and only like 3% done with the game. Yeaaahh this one is gonna suck up some time.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻