IKEA, I used to work here

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

IKEA, I used to work here

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: IKEA, I used to work here

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I never worked at Ikea.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Those clips are great. All of us who have worked in retail have thought those things.

My favorite two Ikea stories were this girl, who did a photoshoot in Ikea and told all her Instagram followers she was on vacation in Bali...

...and these Irish hooligans who hid in an Ikea until after close and turned it into a Parkour course.

Parkooooooooooooooooooooour!
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Ive never been to an Ikea, is it that bad?

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:34 pm Ive never been to an IKEA, is it that bad?
It is not. It's a unique experience that I would enjoy once a year. However, now we live ten minutes from one, I've found that any more than once a year, it starts to get less enjoyable.

I wrote a song about it. It is to the tune of "Pop Goes the Weasel". Sing along at home, won't you?

I ate some Swedish meatballs
They gave me diarrhea
But that was better than waiting in line
I hate IKEA.

The meatballs are very good. The frozen salmon is very good. Being so close to one, we have made food-only trips to Ikea, which is funny, because the food place it at the end, where you grab something for fun after buying ten tons of assembly-required furniture. But we went IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR and just bought some food and left.

Are we the first people ever to do intentional food-only shopping at Ikea? Probably not... but probably!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I shop at Colfax discount furniture warehouse. Where people sat on your stuff on display at a market but you can take the couch and loveseat for 850$ tops. That will be 100$ extra for delivery tho if you can’t do it yourself.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:05 pm But we went IN THROUGH THE OUT DOOR
So did Prince's first girlfriend as he described in his song Raspberry Beret:
pinback wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:05 pm Are we the first people ever to do intentional food-only shopping at Ikea? Probably not... but probably!
I'm certain - utterly- that others have done this. But actually, you don't have to go in through the out door. At the entrance, walk in, turn left, and the exit, checkouts, and food section are right in front of you.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

We're three hours from the nearest Ikea and have visited it a few times. Their bookshelves (particularly the Billy line) are sought after by gamers and collectors. I purchased three sets of Billy bookshelves online during COVID. Ikea wanted $400/shelf to ship them from Texas to Oklahoma, so I decided to go pick them up myself and spend about $40 in gas (and $10 in meatballs). Right down the street from that Ikea was Fry's Electronics, so it was a fun outing.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."