Free VPN recommendations?

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Free VPN recommendations?

Post by Casual Observer »

Guys, this probably has beem discussed but phpbb intentionally ignores VPN in the search box. Anyone know of a free or cheap VPN with enough bandwidth for VOIP calls?

Flack

Re: Free VPN recommendations?

Post by Flack »

ProvadoVPN has been good for me. It's $4.99/month if you sign up for a year. They just released an Android/IOS app to go with their PC service. Around Christmas, UseNetServer has a deal that's $50/year that includes ProvadoVPN.

They do have a free version but it's limited to 10GB/month. But you can test it out and see if it meets your speed requirements.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

odyssia76

Post by odyssia76 »

I looked into this and a very computer-smart friend told me "There is no such thing as a free VPN. The only difference is that the VPN company is selling your data instead of others selling it." He recommended that if I want to use a VPN that I pay for it and check them out a lot first.
128 char limit on sigs? Srsly? SO lame.

Molly Muffsweet

Post by Molly Muffsweet »

This post will be a sensation! It's got the writer of The Omaha Steaks Adventure, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and The Kenyan Sand Boa Thread thread behind it.

It can't suck with that resume. That's some good shit right there.

Only the Sweetest,

Molly Muffsweet.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Sadly those threads didn't generate much interest. My snake thread did get more responses here than it did on ssnakess.com so that's something. Would love to hear your thoughts about snakes, video games that are hard for me to play or overpriced online meat, though.

Casual Observer

odyssia76 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:23 pm I looked into this and a very computer-smart friend told me "There is no such thing as a free VPN. The only difference is that the VPN company is selling your data instead of others selling it." He recommended that if I want to use a VPN that I pay for it and check them out a lot first.
Turns out that Odyssia Seventy Six is 100% correct about this. It's actually almost as cheap to buy a VPN service (Dialpad is $15 for one user) which solved this particular problem.