Window Screens

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Window Screens

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Who would you guys call to get window screens put in? A general contractor? Lowe's????

It's been a rough week.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Re: Window Screens

Post by AArdvark »

DIY. it's easy.

Spline tool and a a roll of screen at your local hardware store is all you need.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I agree with Aardvark. Jonsey, you installed speakers in specially cut drywall. I'm sure you can buy some slotted wood or aluminum track and cut it to make frames of the right size, then cut screen fabric from a roll, then stretch it to size. then close the frame to make it tight and keep out insects.

Then again, nothing is too difficult to the man who doesn't have to do it. Good luck.

PS: extra hint, YouTube search "how to make window screen at home"
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I physically cannot get to the screens. So aside from taking Sue, Ben and Johnny up into space and getting powers, what do you guys suggest NOW, Meester Maaaaaaan?

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

It's called a ladder, you own a house, enjoy buying tools. I have also been able to clip a screen into a window from the inside when I was a kid, you just hold it lightly by the clips.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

LOL I should share photos of how janky my windows are..
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

The Happiness Engine wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:57 pm It's called a ladder, you own a house, enjoy buying tools. I have also been able to clip a screen into a window from the inside when I was a kid, you just hold it lightly by the clips.
It's in a different state!!!!!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:42 am
The Happiness Engine wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:57 pm It's called a ladder, you own a house, enjoy buying tools. I have also been able to clip a screen into a window from the inside when I was a kid, you just hold it lightly by the clips.
It's in a different state!!!!!
How big is your house if some of the windows are in another state?

Why don't you tell us the whole story? You'd get better answers.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Paul brings up a good point that may have slipped past you. Have you tried Googling it?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Call Lowe's or Home Depot. Ask for anyone except the people Pinback wants to sue.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

It's not on our earth!!!

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

I don't think you should be installing window screens in space. I know this community is, shall we say, NOT GREAT at home improvement.

Is there something WE can do to help you with your space-screens?

Ice Cream Jonsey

I just wanted sympathy and understanding of my problem.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:57 pm I just wanted sympathy and understanding of my problem.
What are you? A woman?

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:54 pm I physically cannot get to the screens. So aside from taking Sue, Ben and Johnny up into space and getting powers, what do you guys suggest NOW, Meester Maaaaaaan?
Yeah, Jizz is right, you can push out the screens from inside and then turn them 90 degrees and that way fit them inside. It sounds like the frames aren't the issue so you just need the screen material which comes in rolls at Lowes/HD/TrueValue/etc. for about $20. Should come with what I just learned is called "New York Wire". You'll need a "spline roller" which costs about $5. Cut the screen about to the right size, lay over the frame with the groove up and then use the spline roller to press the new york wire into the groove, thus catching the screen inbetween. Make sure to pull the screen tight as you do this. If you need new frames, they're sold separately and you'll need a hacksaw and a tape measure. Hard part will be snapping them back in from the inside but Jizz's directions sound spot on.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:18 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:57 pm I just wanted sympathy and understanding of my problem.
What are you? A woman?
That's usually Tdarcos's line.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:24 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:54 pm I physically cannot get to the screens. So aside from taking Sue, Ben and Johnny up into space and getting powers, what do you guys suggest NOW, Meester Maaaaaaan?
Yeah, Jizz is right, you can push out the screens from inside and then turn them 90 degrees and that way fit them inside. It sounds like the frames aren't the issue so you just need the screen material which comes in rolls at Lowes/HD/TrueValue/etc. for about $20. Should come with what I just learned is called "New York Wire". You'll need a "spline roller" which costs about $5. Cut the screen about to the right size, lay over the frame with the groove up and then use the spline roller to press the new york wire into the groove, thus catching the screen inbetween. Make sure to pull the screen tight as you do this. If you need new frames, they're sold separately and you'll need a hacksaw and a tape measure. Hard part will be snapping them back in from the inside but Jizz's directions sound spot on.
That's the hard part? Not growing 1,000 mile long arms?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Thanks for your confidence in my window skills, but that was actually happiness engine lol

My windows need work badly and 2 of them I had to make wood patches for to fill in space due to the house settling.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I have already asked you to explain your problem, and I suggest everyone else quit responding until he answers the following questions:
  1. Where exactly, at what location, are the screens located?
  2. What exactly is the size, or what is the approximate size?
  3. If that is an approximate size, why can't an exact size be given?
  4. What was the method used to install the screens, and why can't that be reused?
  5. How many need to be replaced?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Oh no! No more replies?? It's going to take me 8 months to build my rocket to Mars and now you are punishing me by withholding POSTS??