BBVA fucked me and I am canceling my account Tuesday.

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

BBVA fucked me and I am canceling my account Tuesday.

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

So I gotta take time off to do this.

A few weeks ago I clicked on the wrong day trying to get Rockies tickets. Ticketmaster would not give me a refund or let me sell them or do anything with them. I was out $80.

My credit card company, BBVA (soon to be "PNC" they keep telling me) are weeping pustule-spewing cowards and TOOK TICKETMASTER'S SIDE. (I can already imagine the post of dumbfuckery coming from Paul on this one because of that - Tdarcos, don't post in this thread.) The guys I talked to on the phone were total pussies and cowards and my brother humiliated a few of them for me, which we all got a huge laugh out of.

Anyway, I had $50 in credit somehow with them because I was a customer of theirs for 10 years. I owe like $33 on the account for the credit card and I have a few hundred in checking, so I'm going to attempt to close it out in person on Tuesday if I can't do it without paying off the balance over the phone. I would rather they send it to collections than pay them.

Nobody can use BBVA because they are about to be sold, but nobody use PNC either.

... Oh this is great. You can't even use the site right now.
In preparation for the conversion to PNC Online and Mobile Banking, balance and transaction information shown in BBVA Online and Mobile Banking is no longer being updated. Current access and details shown are for reference only.
~You are not able to perform any payments, transfers, bill pays, or other transactions through Online and Mobile Banking.
~Credit Cards and Lines of Credit are not visible in view only mode.
~Posted and Available Balance shown may not accurately reflect your current available funds.
* BBVA debit card activity taking place after 3 a.m. CT, Fri., Oct. 8, will not be visible in BBVA Online/Mobile Banking.
* Other deposits and withdrawals were last updated as of 4 p.m. CT on Fri., Oct. 8.
Amazing. Two giant banks merging and neither of them have ever heard of a staging environment.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: BBVA fucked me and I am canceling my account Tuesday.

I hired a maid service for my brother's place in Rochester. They were booking 2.5 weeks out and had Mr Slick on the phone setting all this up.

Gal gets to the house today and decides, eh, she doesn't want to clean it. The website they have where you can track status said the job was "complete" and do I want to leave a tip? It actually said that even though she declined the job.

Separately, my brother's realtor knew someone who could paint the kitchen.

He starts painting, gets halfway finished. Takes the money left out for him and leaves and never comes back. My brother is on the phone with his realtor and she says "Argh, I knew he was going to do that!" and my brother is like YOU KNEW HE WAS GOING TO DO THAT.

Someone tell me why nobody in this country wants to do their fucking jobs any more and why every single business I find myself trying to use is staffed with lazy, incompetent shitbags.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Anyone smart enough or willing enough to do those jobs can find a way better place right now. All that's left are the scrapings at the bottom of the job barrell.

Funny but somewhat related anecdote: my company couldn't get ONE application for anyone wanting work for the past
year. Now that the stimulus money has gone away we get 80 applications in two weeks. Go figure

pinback

Post by pinback »

I have been a PNC customer for the past three years. I have no specific complaints, but I tend to buy things for the right day. OHhhhhhh, got 'em.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:37 pm Anyone smart enough or willing enough to do those jobs can find a way better place right now. All that's left are the scrapings at the bottom of the job barrell.

Funny but somewhat related anecdote: my company couldn't get ONE application for anyone wanting work for the past
year. Now that the stimulus money has gone away we get 80 applications in two weeks. Go figure
It was going to be $345 to clean Mike's place. I know inflation has grown but that was the number they quoted me and it still was t enough.

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:32 pm I have been a PNC customer for the past three years. I have no specific complaints, but I tend to buy things for the right day. OHhhhhhh, got 'em.
I'm making it my mission to have you say on the internet that you're leaving them.