Mark Zuckerberg paid for my tarot card reading

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

objectinspace

Mark Zuckerberg paid for my tarot card reading

Post by objectinspace »

https://www.airbnb.com/experiences/2544428

Hi, everyone! It's Lysander. Been a while! A quick recap:

Moved to the bay area in 2008, got a job as a vendor doing accessibility work for Google in 2015, and now I work for What's App.

FYI, my reading was that I was immensely skilled at my job and that it would make me lots of money, but that I take it too seriously and should relax. All true! She was remarkably accurate for most of the team.

It's awesome to be back. I've missed you all terribly!

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: Mark Zuckerberg paid for my tarot card reading

Post by Casual Observer »

Where in the bay area? I bet south bay.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Whoa!

A blast fom the past!

objectinspace

Post by objectinspace »

Why, CO? Does your Reaper drone need more geolocation data? (and yes, you're correct)

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

objectinspace wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:01 pm https://www.airbnb.com/experiences/2544428

Hi, everyone! It's Lysander. Been a while! A quick recap:

Moved to the bay area in 2008, got a job as a vendor doing accessibility work for Google in 2015, and now I work for What's App.

FYI, my reading was that I was immensely skilled at my job and that it would make me lots of money, but that I take it too seriously and should relax. All true! She was remarkably accurate for most of the team.

It's awesome to be back. I've missed you all terribly!
You are one of the greatest people to ever visit this place and it was a true tragedy when we lost you. I am glad that you have been well! What's it like working for What's App??
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

objectinspace wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:38 am Why, CO? Does your Reaper drone need more geolocation data? (and yes, you're correct)
I just escaped the area but for 3 years commuted from far east bay to Santa Clara so I figured you wouldn't put up with that.

objectinspace

Post by objectinspace »

Yeah, that's pretty much the size of it! I got the Google job while I was in the east bay, which meant a 2+-hour long commute each way. No bueno! I moved down to Mountain View as soon as my lease was up.

Working for WhatsApp has been [redacted]

pinback

Post by pinback »

Did you all know that Lysander here streams on Twitch! It's fascinating to watch! Be sure to hit that follow button!

I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

You're in the Bay Area, but you saw a psychic in St. Petersburg, (presumably in) Florida? (Yeah, Florida. The weirdos are always in Florida.)
objectinspace wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:01 pm Hi, everyone! It's Lysander.
Question: Why a brand-new username? You forgot your old one, it doesn't work (implying Jonsey deleted it), you forgot the password and for some reason using self-service reset doesn't work, or factor X?
objectinspace wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:01 pm my reading was that I was immensely skilled at my job and that it would make me lots of money, but that I take it too seriously and should relax. All true! She was remarkably accurate for most of the team.
Take a random horoscope and read it to someone who is not under that sign, and you'll find they can't believe how accurate it is. Let me take a look at your reading:
[*] "Immensely skilled at my job." I have yet to hear of anyone who believes they are an incompetent who is just skating by.
[*] "It would make me lots of money," even struggling writers who've been trying to sell any of the ten books they've written in the last five years believe they will make lots of money.
[*] "I take it too seriously and should relax," again, I've never heard of someone who didn't believe they take their job very seriously or didn't think they needed to relax.

Take a look at the subject "cold reading" sometime. As long as you take these things with not a grain, not a pound, but a kilogram of salt, and as nothing more than entertainment that is about as predictive as a Magic 8 Ball, you'll be okay. I don't want to burst your bubble, but way too many people get conned and cheated by psychics, tarot card readers, and other woo-woo snake oil peddlers. I'd say "fake psychics," and "fake tarot card readers," but that would be redundant.

Congratulations on your success, I hope you achieve your dreams, and you find what you're looking for in your life. I could have phrased those as predictions of certainty, and they would be as valid as a prediction of a psychic.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

objectinspace

Post by objectinspace »

Thanks Pinback! I mostly stream The Last Of Us II lately, but I've been sucking at it which has discouraged me. I'm gonna do the Great Ace Attorney Chronicles soon, and I have a vocal effect box which makes doing the voices a lot of fun!

Some strong questions, TDarcos! I'll do my best to answer them all, in the interests of full transparency
Tdarcos wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:53 am You're in the Bay Area, but you saw a psychic in St. Petersburg, (presumably in) Florida? (Yeah, Florida. The weirdos are always in Florida.)
Weirdos are everywhere, but it was conducted over Zoom. There was also a drink making exercise.
Tdarcos wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:53 am
objectinspace wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:01 pm Hi, everyone! It's Lysander.
Question: Why a brand-new username? You forgot your old one,
Clearly not! I think it was no longer valid. I've also changed emails and don't use the name anymore, so I thought I'd go with what I use everywhere for consistency.
Tdarcos wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:53 am [*] "Immensely skilled at my job." I have yet to hear of anyone who believes they are an incompetent who is just skating by.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impostor_syndrome
Tdarcos wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:53 am A moderately-sized tome on psychic readings
Yeah, it was just a fun team social event. It was all super generic and uplifting and team-buildy and such. We all had a pretty good time with it!
Tdarcos wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:53 am Congratulations on your success, I hope you achieve your dreams, and you find what you're looking for in your life.
Thanks, friend! I'm not quite there yet, but I'm on my way. I'm in a good headspace, which has taken some time.