Girl commits ritual suicide after sucking at Bomberman

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Girl commits ritual suicide after sucking at Bomberman

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Here's the story:

With this choice bit:
Fifth-grader Siriwan Khao-snoh might have hanged herself because she was frustrated at her inability to win the video game "Bomber Man", police said.

She had repeatedly complained about not being able to win the game, they said.

However, in the suicide note to her mother, the girl made no mention of video games.

"Dear mom, I am sorry to leave you. In fact, I do not want to die . . . but mom please don't worry about why I have committed suicide," she wrote.

"If you find my body, please cremate it on June 14," the note said.

Her sister, Duangdee, 14, found her hanging in their bedroom at 8pm on Saturday.
All I can say is that it's a good thing she never hung around the Bomberman matches we used to play at Walrustitty's house, because if so the troubled little youth would have taken all of us down with her.

The sloppy reporting in the article did not mention which version of the game she was playing. If it were Atomic Bomberman for the PC then I can understand her reaction: that port made me want to kill myself, too.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Thaumatergist

Post by Thaumatergist »

Doesn't that suicide letter sound too well composed to be written by a fifth-grader.

It also sounds to grounded to be written by someone about to off themselves - especially one about to off themselves over Bomberman...

J.

loafergirl

Post by loafergirl »

But you don't understand, Bomberman, even when you're getting your ass kicked is strangely grounding.

-LG
1, 2, 5!
3 sir...
3!

Lex

Post by Lex »

That's probably a translation of the note, is why.
WHOOA!

Thaumatergist

Post by Thaumatergist »

Lex wrote:That's probably a translation of the note, is why.
If so - then some editor needs to fired.

The article clearly is intending to quote the letter. Not only do they quote the statement, they also give reference to the letter itself, citing it as the source of the quote.

Anyway...

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I hear you regarding a staged event on the part of a parent or whoever. Especially blaming video games. Unfortunately it kind of back-fired as we are now talking about the incident thousands of miles away.

I'm also not quite sure how we made it this far without a "KEKEKE ^___^" image macro being posted. I suppose I will need to type "hanging video game girl" into Google image search and get to work when I get home.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!