The Batman

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

The Batman

Post by Casual Observer »

Not sure I'm looking forward to it (Robert Pattinson is creepy) but just to bother Pinner I'll make sure to STEAL it on April 18.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: The Batman

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Let's see it in the theater together. No more strife and fighting.

Let's make up by going out as friends and catching the new Batman movie.

Nothing bad has ever happened when two people decided to go see a Batman film at the thea-- hmm? Ah.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Oh it's out! It's out already!!

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Literally the only reason The Joker was ok in the theater was the sneeking feeling someone could walk in with an AK-47 (watched again at home, meh) and the fact of a bar in the theater.

Casual Observer

Starting to watch this now. 4987 Seeders can't be all wrong.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Can you lend me your copy when you're done?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Casual Observer

Sorry, it didn't work out and I had to pay 25 to rent. I actually think there's a way on Xfinity that I could rent it and send to you but - No.

Note to self: if a torrent for a just released movie has thousands of seeders it might be corrupted like the top two were. Oh well, should have planned ahead and chosen one with around 100 seeders, that probably would have worked. Wife got frustrated so we paid for it. Paying for this piece of garbage has boutht me at least 5 stolen downloads in Karma.

Robert Pattinson is a walking piece of wood.
Zoe Kravitz can't act her way out of a paper bag.
The only good actors are covered in a bag or a fat suit.
It's not really a Batman movie, where the fuck is the cool Batman gear? Basically I saw some video recording contact lenses and a taser. No Batmobile, no Batcycle, nothing fun.
Slow. Slow. Boring.
Why is everyone mumbling? I have my stereo on fucking 91/100 and still can't hear what Robert is saying.

Watched the firs half last night and unfortuately since I paid half of a movie theater cost I have to finish it tonight. At least I didn't have to risk being shot to deah or getting covid.

Casual Observer

Yeah, the last half is just as bad.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Because everyone else I know says it was great, and was universally well-received by critics and audiences alike, and because CO has some sort of mental disorder we're all still trying to figure out, this makes me very excited to see it.

Casual Observer

Hope you enjoy it but It's not a Batman movie. They clearly pulled a generic superhero script and re-branded it as Batman.

He's never once called Batman, he says to call him "vengence" and everyone does from then on.

Kravitz is such a bad little actress that she kills every scene and every action scene she has is filmed fast and from 30 feet.

Never before seen Batman actually walking around interviewing suspects with Commish Gordon in any other Batman movie.

His Batmobile is just a suped up hot rod.

The Plot? What plot?

They screwed up his backstory. Thomas Wayne was not killed by Falcone like they change it here. No, it was a street mugging and whether it was a young Joker like in the original or a hoodlum like in Christian Bales version. Come on people, canon.

Robert Patterson or whatever his name is is the most unlikeable mumbling Batman ever. Can we have Michael Keyton back?

The only good news is Ben Afflac is no longer the worst Batman. Wait, that's not good news.

It's dark, slow and miserable so I'm sure you'll love it.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:22 am Hope you enjoy it but It's not a Batman movie. They clearly pulled a generic superhero script and re-branded it as Batman.

He's never once called Batman, he says to call him "vengence" and everyone does from then on.

Kravitz is such a bad little actress that she kills every scene and every action scene she has is filmed fast and from 30 feet.

Never before seen Batman actually walking around interviewing suspects with Commish Gordon in any other Batman movie.

His Batmobile is just a suped up hot rod.

The Plot? What plot?

They screwed up his backstory. Thomas Wayne was not killed by Falcone like they change it here. No, it was a street mugging and whether it was a young Joker like in the original or a hoodlum like in Christian Bales version. Come on people, canon.

Robert Patterson or whatever his name is is the most unlikeable mumbling Batman ever. Can we have Michael Keyton back?

The only good news is Ben Afflac is no longer the worst Batman. Wait, that's not good news.

It's dark, slow and miserable so I'm sure you'll love it.
I haven't seen it, but I have seen multiple people state that it has the most "Batman" in it of any of the other films, like it's not a Jim Carrey vehicle or Ahnold.

However, the fact that nobody calls him Batman is very very very silly and stupid and I would invite all script writers that are embarrassed by their source material to go work on their own shit that I am sure will be amazing if they hate comics so much. On the other hand, I doubt it will make me like or dislike the film more or less by them making that very moronic script decision.

Casual Observer

Ok, re-watched the last 40 minutes of this 3 hour monstrocity and will give credit where due: Paul Dano's last 25 minutes in the film were the best in the whole film. He's a great actor, if only they hadn't covered him up the whole time and let him shine.

Then an anti-climactic scene of "vengence" taking out a whole bunch of IDK, Qannon folks or something and then helping with crowd control and evacuation over melancholy music. Great job vengence.

Since this made a billion dollars, can Paul Dano get more real screen time next one? And Colin Firth was good so more Penguin would be great.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Casual Observer wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:07 pm this 3 hour monstrocity
3 HOURS?!

If it's 3 hours long and it ain't Lord of the Rings then I ain't watching it lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Has there ever been a Batman/rabies joke in any of the movies?

Casual Observer

Just re-watched Batman Begins, one of the best of the movie series
Christian Bale says "I'm not Vengeance". I'll stick with the good movie canon.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Casual Observer wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:22 pm Batman Begins, one of the best of the movie series
That tells me all I need to know.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Ok, saw it. This was a fucking masterpiece. A 5 star movie on the scale of four.

pinback

Post by pinback »

A rare miss from CO.

Casual Observer

pinback wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 1:48 pm A rare miss from CO.
Ok, folks like Not Batman. Fair enough.