Shooter (the Mark Wahlberg movie disaster)

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Shooter (the Mark Wahlberg movie disaster)

Post by Casual Observer »

Shooter. There's a pretty good streamed show starring Ryan Phillips with that name. It's roughly based on a movie starring Mark Wahlberg, this is what I'm posting about here in the movies base.

Have you ever watched a movie where absolutely everything that happened from the main event to the last scene was a complete waste of time? Plot is an ex-military sniper is coaxed into helping a shadowy mission, supposadly he's supposed to just case the area to advise how someone could potentially snipe a promininant politician. He does his job then somone else makes the kill and they try to pin it on him. He spends the rest of the movie running and plotting a way to bring down the people who are after him.

Then the last scene, after he's caught and he's in a nice office with the heads of the agency including the asshole who headed the plan against him. For some reason, his sniper rifle is on the table and he is allowed to load it with a really long bullet and aim at the guy who plotted against him. Pulls the trigger and click.

Come to find out that Mark Wahlberg had bent the firing pins on all of his weapons before he went on the mission so he could not have been the person who killed the politician. Movie Over.

Why the fuck did they write it like that?

Why did I have to waste 1.5 hours watching action and planning scenes when in the real world he would have surrendered to real authorities and said "me? check all my damn guns then ask me again" Movie over in 15 minutes like tDarcos said in another thread.

AArdvark

Re: Shooter (the Mark Wahlberg movie disaster)

Post by AArdvark »

It did kinda have a lame ending.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Casual Observer wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:10 pm Then the last scene, after he's caught and he's in a nice office with the heads of the agency including the asshole who headed the plan against him. For some reason, his sniper rifle is on the table and he is allowed to load it with a really long bullet and aim at the guy who plotted against him. Pulls the trigger and click.

Come to find out that Mark Wahlberg had bent the firing pins on all of his weapons before he went on the mission so he could not have been the person who killed the politician. Movie Over.

Someone has cut the film, as you did not see the ending I saw and which Wikipedia confirms is the actual ending. When you described it, I remembered the "firing pin" scene with the gun that won't fire. Swagger (Walberg) is then released as exonerated, but the movie does not end there. After the above scene where he is exonerated, he then finds the house where the men who framed him are, kills everyone there, and slinks off to where a friend picks him up.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

pls to be linking to that. The show ends with Shooter getting revenge but not the movie i saw

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Yeah this shit was stupid.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Casual Observer

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:36 am
Casual Observer wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:10 pm Then the last scene, after he's caught and he's in a nice office with the heads of the agency including the asshole who headed the plan against him. For some reason, his sniper rifle is on the table and he is allowed to load it with a really long bullet and aim at the guy who plotted against him. Pulls the trigger and click.

Someone has cut the film, as you did not see the ending I saw and which Wikipedia confirms is the actual ending. When you described it, I remembered the "firing pin" scene with the gun that won't fire. Swagger (Walberg) is then released as exonerated, but the movie does not end there. After the above scene where he is exonerated, he then finds the house where the men who framed him are, kills everyone there, and slinks off to where a friend picks him up.
No, you're right about him killing the 3 guys in the cabin. I do remember that but it doesn't change the pointlessness of the rest of the movie.