"Free Enterprise" was fucking cringeworthy

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

"Free Enterprise" was fucking cringeworthy

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Let's see, a guy named "Rob" who is way too into the original Star Trek series gets dumped by a girl named Tricia and then he and his geek friends go on and on about various crap for 90 minutes? Yeah, a LITTLE TOO CLOSE TO HOME, I would say.

(Though the Tricia in "Free Enterprise" probably had legs longer than the combined height of every girl I have ever slept with. That had to be a special effect. But I am losing focus, here.)

On the other hand, I "got" every reference in the movie, even the "Tales from Topographic Oceans" one, which is a CD I in fact own.

It made me realize why people hate nerds, geeks, dorkwads and the assorted ilk. It made me realize this, because I think I hated everyone in the movie, with the exception of the guy who played "Sue" in Swingers, as he was playing the exact same character in "Free Enterprise." Well, minus the handgun.

On the other hand, it did have Shatner. Everything they said about him was correct.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

milkunits

You forgot...........

Post by milkunits »

Dweeebies, Dickwads, Dweezle zappas, Moon Zappas, piss ants. They all think you are a righteous dude Robb with the extra b on the b movie side of the hisouse.

looper

Re: "Free Enterprise" was fucking cringeworthy

Post by looper »

I've never heard of this movie but it sounds pretty entertaining. To digress...
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: On the other hand, it did have Shatner.
That reminds me, there's a pretty cool song by Ben Folds called "In Love" which is, basically,

1) a drum loop
2) a cool melody sung by Ben Folds, in the background
3) a monologue, I assume written by Ben Folds, spoken by William Shatner in his inimitable slimy, suave style, in the foreground.