I would like to get everyone's version of this joke

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

I would like to get everyone's version of this joke

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

This is a real thing that happened - on the flight to the Netherlands, they were showing the movie The 15:17 to Paris which is a film about a terrorist shooting up a train going from Paris to Amerstam. Because it's a Clint Eastwood film, most of the movie is gorgeously rendered back story of the motivations of the man that picked up the gun. Hold on, getting word that actually that part of the movie got distilled down to BROWN MAN BAD. Anyway, my wife and I actually took that same train to get from Amerstam to Paris, so it was a bit unseemly to have that be one of the movies. My version of the joke, off the cuff was, "I hadn't seen anything like that since they were playing Transformers: The Movie when I took my family on that tour of Unicron." I would now like the version that all of you came up with so I can tell it in real life instead, since I am unlikely to encounter someone in real life that has heard of the great transforming planet Unicron.

Thank you in advance.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Re: I would like to get everyone's version of this joke

Post by Flack »

"I hadn't seen anything like that since they showed 'Alive!' as our in-flight movie!"

(Is "Alive!" less obscure than a Transformers joke today? Maybe not.)
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Outstanding. So far you are in first place in terms of who I will brazenly rip off at a party, cook out, get together or wedding.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

"I haven't seen anything like this since they showed Flight 93 on the plane to Pennsylvania!"

Reality note: Airlines will not show movies involving plane crashes.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.