Banana Splits

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Banana Splits

Post by Flack »

Banana Splits meets Five Nights at Freddy's.

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Re: banana Splits

Post by AArdvark »

Seriously?

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Flack

Post by Flack »

I just finished watching this and... hah!

Everyone's comment that this looks like a Five Nights at Freddy's rip-off was spot on. In the movie's IMDB trivia section, it says the script was a recycled FNAF movie pitch. I'd say it's 2 parts FNAF, one part Willy Wonka.

The plot point the trailer doesn't give away is that the Banana Splits characters are actually autonomous robots, and it seems a bad code update is what turned one of the Splits evil. When the Splits are performing they dance around like people in animal suits and when they're backstage they tend to lumber around like evil robots. There's no explanation why they do that, or why the other three Splits turn bad. Actually there's a lot that isn't explained, but each time your brain starts to ask questions, someone gets burned or stabbed or decapitated and that's way more fun.

By the time the animal shit hits the fan, you've got an audience full of fans and the staff of the show being served up as victims. IMDB lists a body count of 20+, so... tra-la-la, la-la-la-laaaaaaa.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Maybe they should rename this movie The Banana Shits, since executive meddling has shit all over this film. Like they did In the execrable Johnny Depp remake of Willy Wonka. The trailer plus your very helpful spoilers tell me all I need to know. They took a beloved children's classic TV show and butchered it into a bastardized pale imitation movie. And probably not very good movie, either.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Tdarcos wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:07 amtook a beloved children's classic TV show and butchered it into a bastardized pale imitation movie. And probably not very good
I think you're being redundant here. I really think you're being redundant here.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.