Saturday Night Movie Night Review

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Saturday Night Movie Night Review

Post by pinback »

In an attempt to pretend we live a normal family life, my wife and I have recently instituted "Saturday Night Movie Night", in which we watch a movie on Saturday night, and smile about it like any of us are still clinging to any hope of a fulfilling existence.

Tonight's movie is: "Spiderman: Into The Spiderverse."

I don't care about Spiderman. I don't care about comic books. I probably missed 70% of the little cute Marvel references. I hate all of this shit.

Spiderman: Into The Spiderverse might be the most amazing movie I've ever seen. I suspect I'm the last one on this BBS to see it, but just in case I'm not, do it. Even if you hate comic books. Which I do.

**** (Four Stars)
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Billy Mays

Re: Saturday Night Movie Night Review

Post by Billy Mays »

pinback wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:17 pmI suspect I'm the last one on this BBS to see it
I haven't seen any of the spiderman movies.

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

I'm not entirely sure if he's kidding or not. Like a stranger at a bar extolling the virtues of juggling devil sticks -- it's alot of fun, a great mental and physical exercise, and you can get a pretty good kit for around forty bucks. All while you're hastily trying to get the check so you can pay your tab and get out of there.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Yes, I can't believe Pinner watched and enjoyed it. I haven't seen it yet because of no particular reason. But it's on Netflix. What on earth could make it one of the best movies Pinback has ever seen? I guess I don't want it spoiled. But still. Hmm...
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

pinback wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:17 pmI suspect I'm the last one on this BBS to see it
So far you're the only person on the BBS who has seen it.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

It may not be one of the best movies I've ever seen, but definitely one of the most AMAZING. Like, you can't believe it exists, and you're watching it. You can't conceive of the artistry and work that went into it. You didn't know it was something that could be done.

Like when you saw Toy Story or Avatar or some shit for the first time. You didn't know something like it could exist.

(Unlike Avatar, is very entertaining even despite the amazing-ness, but it's the amazing-ness you notice first, and continually.)
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.