Under the Skin (2018 I think)

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Under the Skin (2018 I think)

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

In this one, Scarlett Johanson (sp, but I honestly don't care) is an ALIEN, guys, that is in the most pretentious film of all time.

We tried to watch this last night, it was #7 on some idiot's list of the 100 best science fiction movies ever made.

It's slow, and I'd be okay with that if it wasn't also dumb. She's picking off guys to do god knows what with. The performances aren't good - since she is an alien they aren't letting her act. They do one thing where she has a conversation with a guy and the guy is in her truck and then - get this - he's GONE in a cut. And the exact same scene is repeated and goes further. The guy somehow? falls into quicksand? in a black room void of anything else?

That's followed up by a scene where Scottish people are drowning in a riptide somehow. The scene is way too long. We get it, they are drowning.

It was Friday night and I'll admit I just wanted something dumb and loud to watch. So maybe it's me. I was so amazed that Netflix actually had a movie I wanted to see that I tried to make the experiment work.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Under the Skin (2018 I think)

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Oh hey! FABIO on Caltrops made it longer than I did and also hated it. He is right about everything here: https://www.caltrops.com/pointy.php?act ... pid=174652
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!