Watchmen (TV series)

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Watchmen (TV series)

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

It was two episodes ago that I thought it was one of the best TV shows I've ever seen, but the latest episode features the best use of a Hall and Oates song in anything ever.

I had Everytime You Go Away as my second or third favorite song. It starts to play halfway through Episode 7. I've heard the song a billion times so I knew why a writer would pick it, I knew there was something inevitable that was going to happen, I didn't think for a second it would happen the way it did.

Goddamn, this is a good show.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

gsdgsd

Re: Watchmen (TV series)

Post by gsdgsd »

I've only had a chance to see the first episode, which I enjoyed -- once I get to holiday time off, I'll catch up. My brother's an OG Watchmen asshole like me and raves about it, so I'm looking forward to it.

Good chunks of it were filmed about a mile from our house, so it's a trip to see my train station and familiar storefronts popping up in alternate-universe Tulsa. Apparently my regular bar makes a background appearance in episode three.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

"errrvry tiiiime you go.. I break take a piece your pr0n with me.."
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

gsdgsd wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:00 pm I've only had a chance to see the first episode, which I enjoyed -- once I get to holiday time off, I'll catch up. My brother's an OG Watchmen asshole like me and raves about it, so I'm looking forward to it.

Good chunks of it were filmed about a mile from our house, so it's a trip to see my train station and familiar storefronts popping up in alternate-universe Tulsa. Apparently my regular bar makes a background appearance in episode three.
Nice! Georgia has incentives for TV and film if I remember right. Or maybe I don't. I think The Walking Dead is/was also shot in Georgia? I've got a take on TWD that I'll post some time.

The finale of Watchmen was last night, going to watch it ... huh, dunno when as the Saints play tonight. It's starting to get depressing as to how much good TV there is. You will lose nothing by binging it instead of waiting like I did. I think some shows benefit by it being trickled out, but not this one. Anyway, it's been great.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

gsdgsd

Post by gsdgsd »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:23 amNice! Georgia has incentives for TV and film if I remember right. Or maybe I don't. I think The Walking Dead is/was also shot in Georgia? I've got a take on TWD that I'll post some time.
Yeah, big incentives. TWD was (is?) indeed here (I've still never seen it) -- parts of Stranger Things, loads of the Marvel movies, tons of other stuff.

Here's the (sorta cut off) scene in question from episode three, with Greg's Favorite Local Bar at far right:

The funeral scene was set at the cemetery down the street, too.

Anyway, I'm up through episode five now, and wow it's great. I'm completely sucked in, and that hasn't happened in a while. I'm waiting for my wife to give it a try and see if she wants to catch up.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Georgia does give incentives for havng video production done there. even incuding animation work. I think it's some large percentage of taxes paid to the state rebated, Since New Mexico offers a 50% rebate - this is why Breaking Bad was filmed there = I can't see Georgia offering less. I think Georgia requires includiing the "Made in Georgia" with Georgia peach logo vanity plate into the video's credits in order to get the incentives.

The tax benefits may no longgr be enough. There is general angst from a number of performers and denands not to patronize the state in protest over Georgia's excessively draconian and completely unconstitutional abortion laws. All these feel-good laws are going tp do is stir up trouble and cost the state a ton of money, even if it doesn't lose a dime in movie production. Here's why.

Generally when a state passes unconstitutional legislation and it's successfully challenged in federal court, the court will award the plaintiff court costs (not much, maybe $2,000) and attorneys fees (very expen$ive). My understanding is on the video game labeling act that was struck down, it cost the State of California a couple million bucks in plaintiff's costs in addition to its own expenses defending the law.

There is no doubt in my mind the law will be struck down even if the US Supreme Court declines to review, or even if it does.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.