Zombieland: Double Tap

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Zombieland: Double Tap

Post by Flack »

Zombieland: Double Tap (Z2) takes place ten years after the original. In ten years, not much has changed for Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson), Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg), Wichita (Emma Stone) or Little Rock (Abigail Breslin). The four have stuck together and moved when necessary, but the zombie apocalypse is still happening. Worse, there are rumors of a new, harder-to-kill breed (dubbed "T-800s") that may be migrating across the country in search of food.

Z2 is all about home; specifically, what does "home" mean when your home is gone? The obvious answer is "home is where your family is," but it takes the group two hours and a lot of bullets to figure that out. The first act is spent breaking up the group and mixing up dynamics, while the rest of the movie is spent trying to reunite the band. Along the way the group meets a few new random characters, including a group that mirrors their own adventures.

Z2 was enjoyable. If you liked the first one, you know what to expect. Tallahassee and Columbus have added a Zombie Kill of the Year award for exceptionally creative fates (one is awarded to a farmer driving a combine...). Z2 earns its R-rating with blood, bullets, and f-bombs.

After the film ended, I couldn't help but think how depressing a zombie apocalypse would really be. There's no end, no winning. It's just, can you find a hiding spot, enough gas, and enough bullets to last until you die of old age.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."