Favorite Films of the Decade

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Favorite Films of the Decade

Post by Flack »

I am working on a list of my favorite films from each year of the decade -- that's 2010 through 2019. Start working on your year-by-year lists so we can all get angry and yell at each another over the holidays!
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Flack

Re: Favorite Films of the Decade

Post by Flack »

This list will make some of you accuse me of being stupid and having no taste but I'm getting used to it. Also, some of the Star Wars movies are there because they're Star Wars movies.

2010 - Inception, MacGruber, Kick-Ass, Machete, Rubber, Tucker & Dave vs. Evil
2011 - Insidious, Paul, Super 8, Hobo with a Shotgun
2012 - Django Unchained, Wreck-It Ralph, Cabin in the Woods
2013: Tim's Vermeer, Gravity, Sharknado, Secret Life of Walter Mitty
2014: Guardians of the Galaxy, Whiplash, John Wick
2015: Hateful Eight, The Lobster, Mad Max: Fury Road, The Force Awakens, Krampus
2016: Rogue One, 10 Cloverfield Lane, War Dogs
2017: Baby Driver, Blade Runner 2049, John Wick 2, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Kong: Skull Island, The Shape of Water, The Last Jedi, It
2018: Bohemian Rhapsody, A Quiet Place, Bad Times at the El Royale, Game Night, The Meg, Solo: A Star Wars Story
2019: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, Joker, Peanut Butter Falcon

gsdgsd

Post by gsdgsd »

Gosh, I didn't see many movies this decade (I think I've seen eight on your whole list). One of my resolutions this year is actually watching more movies/tv - I got a Criterion Channel sub for Xmas, so that will help, at least.

2010 - True Grit
2011 - Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Hugo, Super 8
2012 - Looper, Lincoln, The Cabin in the Woods, The Avengers
2013 - Zero Dark Thirty, A Field in England, Gravity
2014 - The Imitation Game, Edge of Tomorrow
2015 - Mad Max: Fury Road, The Force Awakens
2016 - Hail, Caesar!, Rogue One, Arrival
2017 - Phantom Thread, Dunkirk
2018 - Sorry to Bother You, Black Panther
2019 - Diamantino, Frozen 2

I meant to get to Knives Out and/or the Irishman this past weekend, but didn't, so those will have to wait for 2020.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Here are the movies that you had on my list that I both saw and really liked: Gravity, Guardians of the Galaxy, Hateful Eight,Mad Max: Fury Road, Blade Runner 2049, A Quiet Place, It

Here are some movies I saw and really liked that were not on your list! Logan, Avengers: Infinity War, Deadpool, Hush, El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie, Get Out, Thor: Ragnarok.

I think my favorite movie of the decade was Logan? There are a lot I haven't seen. And I am only an hour into The Irishman, but if the remaining 6 hours are as good as the first that'd be in the list too.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I didn't think I'd gone to see any movies this decade but I reaqlize some things were available on Cable or Amazon Prime Video or through other methods.

As I can barely see the jeyboard forgive me if I list films from before 2010, it's hard to tell and difficult to check.

Some part of me wants to just say Inception and forget everything else, because the quality drops off drastically from there. So, for #2 and below, probably in no particular order:
Guardians of the Galaxy - And I don't even remember that much of it.
John Wick -
"My name is Inigo Montoya, err I mean John Wick. You killed my dog. Prepare to die."
Deadpool
- "Starring Some Pretentious Asshole."
Edge of Tomorrow - Groundhog Day
on a military base
Rogue One -
Presuming this is the one about the black stormtrooper who switches sides
Wreck It Ralph
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:30 amHere are some movies I saw and really liked that were not on your list! Logan, Avengers: Infinity War, Deadpool, Hush, El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie, Get Out, Thor: Ragnarok.

I think my favorite movie of the decade was Logan? There are a lot I haven't seen. And I am only an hour into The Irishman, but if the remaining 6 hours are as good as the first that'd be in the list too.
I should have included El Camino. It was fun to revisit the world of Breaking Bad. Also, the only comic book movies I saw this decade were Wonder Woman, Iron Man (the first one) and Shazam. Oh, and Guardians of the Galaxy and Joker, I guess. I didn't see any of the Avengers films or anything with Thor or Captain America or X-Men or Transformers or Superman. I own both Deadpool and Ant-Man movie and haven't watched them. I didn't watch Aquaman or Black Panther or... well I don't have to list them all, I mentioned the ones I saw.