The Last Man on Earth

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

The Last Man on Earth

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Watched season one over the course of the pandemic. It stars Will Forte, of whom I am a big fan, in a show about how he thinks he is the last man on earth. Because of a virus.

This show is unique in such as I can't really detect an overarching tone. You're going to like Forte as Phil Miller and then you're going to probably dislike him a great deal. Miller doesn't quite have the charisma to pull off being someone so bad you like him anyway, but towards the end of season one he kind of does and I guess it redeems everything so far.

I was supposed to have a haircut the week before all the barber shops were closed until May. It's April 1st and my appointment is for May 8th. I suspect I will have the same hair and beard as Phil Miller.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Roody_Yogurt

Re: The Last Man on Earth

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

I think I watched all of season one when it first came out and wasn't too wild about it, but I picked it up again a couple seasons later, at which point I thought it was fantastic. I've always meant to go back and watch the episodes I missed, but who ever watches the things they meant to go back to? I hope you stick with it.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I had the opposite reaction. Watched it when it first came out, and enjoyed it. Then they started meeting all sorts of people, and the premise (which was stated in the title of the show) was abandoned, and we lost interest. But yeah, who doesn't enjoy some quality Forte?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I watched the entire series, mostly in real time when it aired. Some of it's great and some of it drags on. After a while you wonder where all of it is going, and in the end it doesn't really go anywhere, but it's still a mostly enjoyable ride. Season four ended with a jaw-dropping event and there was no season five so be prepared for that.

"Still got it."
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."