Tammy and the T-Rex (1994)

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Tammy and the T-Rex (1994)

Post by Flack »

High school cheerleader Tammy (Denise Richards) has found herself in the middle of a love triangle. Her former boyfriend Billy (George Pilgrim) is more stalker that sweetheart; he loved his woman, and wants her back. Tammy's other suitor is Michael (Paul Walker), a high school hunk who has his eyes set on her thighs. The first fifteen minutes of this film play out like every other teen drama.

Unrelated, on the other side of town, is Dr. Wachenstein and his team. Dr. Wachenstein has built a lifelike animatronic T-Rex for unknown reasons, and is unhappy with the under-powered computer system that serves as its brain.

Tammy summons Michael to her bedroom for a nighttime visit, but is busted by Billy the Bully. A chase ensues, and Michael is beaten to within an inch of his life. Billy and his crew proceed to dump Michael off inside a local animal sanctuary, where he is mortally mauled by lions and tigers but no bears.

Back at the hospital, Dr. Wachenstein arrives, discovers Michael in a coma, and steals Michael's body. Back at his workshop, the doctor performs a brain transplant and puts Michael's brain in his T-Rex. This, however, has an undesired side effect -- Michael remembers everything, and after attacking a few of his captors, he sets out to seek revenge on Billy and his gang while reconnecting with Tammy. His first step, of course, is to call her from a payphone. Unfortunately he only speaks T-Rex now and is unable to explain to her what happened. I like to summarize bad movies with a single screenshot. This is the one that tells you whether or not this movie is for you.

Eventually Michael is reunited with his former love, after explaining to her who he really is through a game of charades. The romance will be cut short as Michael is being chased by both the local sheriff (who is hot on the tail of Michael's path of destruction) and Dr. Wachenstein (who wants his creation back). Will Michael escape and be reunited permanently with Tammy? Who knows!

I'd heard about this movie for years, but the only copy I'd ever been able to track down was an old VHS rip. The original US release was heavily edited and only 82 minutes in length. Recently, Vinegar Syndrome released the original (88 minute) uncut version... on Blu--ray! The Blu-ray includes the uncut version which was released in Italy as "Tanny and the Teenage T-Rex." (That's not a typo. "Tanny.")

According to IMDB, the director was contacted by a guy who had access to an animatronic T-Rex for two weeks and so they quickly wrote and shot a movie around it. You wouldn't know they spent a whole two weeks writing and shooting this movie because the scene where Tammy and her friend Byron drive Michael to the morgue in a box truck in search of a new body is as good as anything in Casablanca. Four stars.

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Tammy and the T-Rex (1994)

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

There is a song in Cryptozookeeper that was written by a guy named Per. Only he was doing a Ziggy Stardust thing and the name of the song isn't what he normally goes by. And he took a line for his song from this I think. Was there a line where someone with a deep voice says "You should get a bumper sticker that says " ... and something about PETA?

I have other takes on all of this as well.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

I am sure those lines are from this movie. I'll have to scan back through it and find the exact quote/scene.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Yup, I found all of those scenes. The samples in that song have been slowed way down.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

Piratebay MAY get me this movie, just saying.