What IMAX movies are everyone looking forward to this year?

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

What's gonna be your first IMAX in the theater?

You may select 1 option

View results

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

What IMAX movies are everyone looking forward to this year?

Post by Casual Observer »

I can't believe how much I took for granted going to a badass IMAX movie. Now after a year and a half I'm vaxxed and the theater is open. In my case, sorry to brag but I'm back near Seattle which has the most amazing IMAX I've seen. I guess the Metreon in SF where I was is slightly larger (76"X97" vs 60X80) but for that extra size it didn't seem as impressive. Also it's an expensive royal pain in the ass to do anything in SF while Seattle has free parking nearby. I prefer cities that you don't have to pay to enter. I hate that most IMAX screens are the tiny ones. Why fucking bother then?

I was first thinking that Maverick would be the best one to go back to the theater for, and I'll probably see it, but so far the story doesn't seem to be much.

Then I saw the DUNE trailer and I'm thinking that'd be fun if only the director has come up with a way not to put me to sleep. I'd hate to fall asleep in the theater again.

But actually, this looks pretty cool: Snake Eyes, Gi-Joe backstory. In enjoyed the first couple well enough but didn't see the last ones. I'm totally into this new high-tech asian fighting genre so this might be the first thing I see:

F9's going to be seen on the curvy samsung at home if ever. Really? Fucking 9 of them? In the damn trailer they show the characters making fun of all the wacked out shit they did. Somebody give Diesel another job please. I mostly stopped with them after the one after the drifting one.

Edit: said that about F9 before bothering to watch the trailer. Ok it looks fun. Love the magnets in the car part.

Jizaboz

Re: What IMAX movies are everyone looking forward to this year?

Post by Jizaboz »

Maybe new Mission Impossible. The cheap and stinking local theater has finally shut down for good, so nothing but imax and the Drive-In about an hour away for me now.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Since some folks won't be interested in watching the trailers here, I made this gif to show : Magnets!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I selected "Other" because I never went to IMAX films, either before or after I was in a wheelchair. Obviously I can't go now, and also, I don't know if they'd work for me. Because I'n blind in my right eye, I can't view films in 3D, and I don't have depth perception. If an IMAX film required either of these, it would not work for me.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

No, they'd work with just one, they aren't called IsMAX after all.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Also, Snake-Eyes was a blonde Vietnam vet that had his face blown off and vocal cords disintegrated during the war, solved many tricky issues by shooting an Uzi and wore a helmet because he was otherwise a disgusting eyesore, but Hollywood is gonna Hollywood.

It's funny how these things go. His popularity was not a conscious act. Hasbro realized they could make a cheap toy by not coloring it. Larry Hama, without the use of internal dialogue at all (G.I. Joe was one of the very, very, very few comics without thought balloons in the 1980s) created the break out character by essentially making him the one character in fiction that does not fight the world.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:47 am No, they'd work with just one, they aren't called IsMAX after all.
You are swinging hard for the VIP fence this year and I feel like I need to step up my game.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Ok, it's also important (as I re-read my post) that I am saying that Vietnam made Snake-Eyes an eyesore. He wasn't an eyesore ahead of time. He didn't go into the war ugly. The war made him ugly? On the outside.

Casual Observer

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:52 am Also, Snake-Eyes was a blonde Vietnam vet that had his face blown off and vocal cords disintegrated during the war, solved many tricky issues by shooting an Uzi and wore a helmet because he was otherwise a disgusting eyesore, but Hollywood is gonna Hollywood.
I wonder if they wanted to head off any criticism of having a blond guy in a seemingly asian role, seeing how cancel culture has exploded since the origins of GiJoe.