Jolt (2021)

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Jolt (2021)

Post by Flack »

Lindy Lewis (Kate Beckinsale) suffers from Intermittent Explosive Disorder, an affliction that causes her to fly into a violent rage anytime she loses her temper. During her teenage years this led Lindy to be institutionalized. As an adult woman, she wears a custom devices under her clothing made from wires, batteries, and suction cups that allows her to shock herself using a handheld remote control anytime she feels one of her violent rampages coming on.

After a prompt from her therapist, Lindy goes on a date in an attempt to reintegrate herself into society. The date goes well, leading to a second, but before the two can go on a third, the man is murdered. Although the two detectives assigned to the case suspect Lindy may have been involved, Lindy uses her own skills to narrow down the killer -- and woe to anyone who stands between her and the target of her rage.

Jolt is fun. Lindy Lewis is sarcastic, the dialog is quick and often funny, and the action sequences are pretty great. There are a couple of dopey plot choices to scooch things along, and as the movie goes on there just aren't that many suspects to choose from, but damnit if it wasn't enjoyable. At 90 minutes, Jolt never overstays its welcome. There are no brooding walks in the rain or long scenes of Lindy contemplating her next move. Everything moves as quick as lightning, and even if it doesn't work great as a murder mystery, it's totally successful as an action flick -- maybe even comedy/action.

Jolt is currently available on Amazon Prime.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Jolt (2021)

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I've never heard of this! Well, ya sold me. I'm IN.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: Jolt (2021)

Post by Casual Observer »

Flack wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:25 pmAs an adult woman, she wears a custom devices under her clothing made from wires, batteries, and suction cups that allows her to shock herself using a handheld remote control anytime she feels one of her violent rampages coming on.
Interesting, an electric wife collar. I wonder if I can get one of these for my wife.