Boogie Nights

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Post by pinback »

Worm wrote:Oh, geez I forgot that party that is there for no reason other than to mark the passing of time and if it didn't say GOOD BYE SEVENTIES (or something to that effect) no one would of known ... I forgot that part.
You've gotta be kidding me, Worm. Just when you were showing some serious progress. The party is there for "no reason other than to mark the passing of time"?

Does anybody actually WATCH and THINK ABOUT movies anymore, or do we just go there for the popcorn and to see how many explosions we can fit into an hour and a half?

This is very depressing.

Worm

Post by Worm »

What? I vaguely remember the movie. I all remember is a sign that said hello eighties or something. I just don't give a shit about film.
Good point Bobby!

pinback

Post by pinback »

The late Gene Siskel, everyone. Let's give him a big hand.

Why are you offering film critique about a movie that 1) you vaguely remember and that 2) is a movie, which you just said you don't care about?

This is the movies AND sex base. If you don't care about movies, you can always talk about sex.

Or how much of an asshole JQW is. It's the Movies & Sex & JQW is a Buttplug base.

bruce

Post by bruce »

Me, I thought Boogie Nights was brilliant. It wasn't quite the emotional punch to the nads that Leaving Las Vegas was, but it was a fine fine film.

I also thought Orgazmo was brilliant, but in a totally different way.

Bruce

Artisen Bled

Post by Artisen Bled »

This is the only place on the Internet where disliking things isn't "cool."

Parrish, have you ever NOT liked a movie? I question your standards. All I hear from you is how so - and - so is the best movie ever.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Careful readers may note that I didn't quite get round to shutting this place down, as I had threatened to do earlier in this thread.

Nevertheless, this entire base has been somewhat of an experiment in self-hate. I would recommend it to any of you who are similarly hoping to keep yourself "regular." There's no feeling like getting up in the morning (or afternoon -- substitute where need be) and clicking on a few threads before you've even tasted the oversweetened blueberry-like substance contained within your Toaster's Strudel and seeing a number of individuals call you out as somewhat of a manchild douchebag.

I hate you all, of course. But, and this is important to me, I hate you all equally. There was no secret that, when the Sherwin boys were growing up, the actor playing "Dad" had more of an affection to the youngest brother, while the actress who played the part of "Mom" definitely had more love for the oldest. I... I don't want it to be like this for you lot and I. I want you able to go to sleep at night content with the fact that your portion of hate is just as large as your fellow JC Hate Mongers. Roody does not have a larger bowl than the Milker. Greg does not possess his allotment of hate, and then an extra, hidden, six-pack of (if I recall that Snoop sketch correctly) "Hater Aid" stashed somewhere... that is, unless all of you, from Da King right down to the Milker's second, alternative account has one as well.

I only pray that Ben does not find another Paul Thomas Anderson film, rent it, and then begin to hit me over the head with how "great" it is before I can terminate this place, and then the very memory of this place from the uncaring and altogether horrific minds that the bunch of you, evily, possess.

I pray that does not happen.

No matter.

See you all in Hell, my friends.

(signed)

the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Did you watch Magnolia yet?

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

For the record, I would prefer to be hated more than Ex-Reader of Robb's SHIT but less than Violet.

Also, as far as PTA films go, "Hard Eight" isn't as good as the others, even though it isn't without its charms.

Debaser

Post by Debaser »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I hate you all, of course.
I'll justify the deepest knife to cut you, bitch.

Violet

Post by Violet »

I am loathsome. Don't mess with me.
The End

bot

Post by bot »

"Auto-Focus" starring Greg Kinnear and that misshappen Canadian actor beats the tar out of Boogie Nights IMO (although BN was good). Never has the decent into seediness and desperation been so elegantly rendered.
No signatures is good signatures.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Bob Crane movies should be their own seperate genre of film. Alongside the summer months having an "action" film and a "suspense" film and a "comic book" flick and all that, each year should bring us another piece of cinema surrounding the life and times of Mr. Crane.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!