necrotic drift

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

necrotic drift

Post by guest »

Hi,
I've been playing Necrotic Drift and can't seem to get past the reek near the elevator on the 1st floor. It seems obvious to spray the perfume in the elevator, but I still can't get past those doors. Then I tried spraying the perfume on some socks and tying that around my character's face. No Luck. Is there a walkthrough available to consult?

Debaser

Post by Debaser »

Don't spray. Spraying is for women and homosexuals. Men throw things.

Did you want a full solution? I'll provide the answer in the next paragraph in Debaser's patented "visitext". It's like invisitext, only visible.

Throw the bottle of perfume over the railing on the second floor. I think the command is "throw perfume over railing" or something like that.

Post by guest »

That's a pretty direct way of doing it. Thanks

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: necrotic drift

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Hi there! Welcome to JC.
guest wrote:Then I tried spraying the perfume on some socks and tying that around my character's face. No Luck.
I really wish I had implemented that solution. I mean, the first thing that comes to mind for me is the random chucking of stuff off the rail, but still, that would have been a good solution.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Vitriola

Post by Vitriola »

guest wrote:It seems obvious to spray the perfume in the elevator...
It does, doesn't it?

Worm

Post by Worm »

Vitriola wrote:
guest wrote:It seems obvious to spray the perfume in the elevator...
It does, doesn't it?
Spray a full bottle of perfume, it will dissapate. Throwing it makes a puddle of smell. Also, you can't spray it by the ghast. I personally tried to drop it.
Good point Bobby!