Art of Heartbreak and The Necromatic Trilogy?

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Marska

Art of Heartbreak and The Necromatic Trilogy?

Post by Marska »

Hey,

Checking out Chicks Dig Jerks and stumbeled upon the entries for Necromatic Trilogy and Art of Heartbreak... Whats the story behind these titles; none of the other games seem to be noted as being part of this series and I guess Art of Heartbreak kinda just got left out (no work was ever done on it)?

No graphical version of Crimson Spring? (seems odd considerig the screenshots..)

And last annoying fanboy gibberish.... Any word on your next project? Creeping Maw or Return of Christ or something like that...

Just have alot of fun playing your stories and obviously would enjoy seeing more work (is it possible to get my copy of Necrotic Drift signed?)

Best to you on this holiday,

Marska

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Art of Heartbreak and The Necromatic Trilogy?

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Marska wrote:Checking out Chicks Dig Jerks and stumbeled upon the entries for Necromatic Trilogy and Art of Heartbreak... Whats the story behind these titles; none of the other games seem to be noted as being part of this series and I guess Art of Heartbreak kinda just got left out (no work was ever done on it)?
That game (AoH) is plotted, but I haven't done any programming on it yet. I hope to have it released before the 10th anniversary of "Chicks Dig Jerks," however. I really do need to finish that story! I usually have three options or rough outlines of games to choose from when I try to decide the next one to do, and the other games that have been developed since the conclusion of CDJ were more in line with what I wanted to accomplish in the field of text. (If that makes any sense.) CDJ is supposed to be the middle game in the trilogy and they should all end up being about the same length.

No graphical version of Crimson Spring? (seems odd considerig the screenshots..)
Oh! Somehow that version of the game got removed from the list of games on my homepage. My bad... I fixed that last night and hopefully the link to the version with graphics now works.

And last annoying fanboy gibberish.... Any word on your next project? Creeping Maw or Return of Christ or something like that...
I'm working on a text game right now, but I don't want to jinx it -- if I give a date and miss it then pinback and Lysander will quote this line a dozen times to make fun of me. However, I am also hoping to get an arcade shooter for the Vectrex done next year, which would work on emulators and the real unit. That game is to be called "The Creeping Maw" and hopefully it will be fun. You can find out more on the Molto Benny BBS!

Just have alot of fun playing your stories and obviously would enjoy seeing more work (is it possible to get my copy of Necrotic Drift signed?) Best to you on this holiday
Thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate that. You bet, I'd be happy to sign your copy -- just send me an e-mail at beaver@zombieworld.com and we'll work out the exchange of addressed, heh. And thanks again for playing!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

MasterGrazzt

Post by MasterGrazzt »

Hey Ben, would you sign my copy of Death of Captain Marvel? But sign it Jim Starlin?