Fallacy of Dawn Feelies re-load

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Fallacy of Dawn Feelies re-load

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I am probably going to spin this again. I am going to make a change so it has a DVD case, a printed CD and then the three other feelies as well (coin, ree, map). It would be more expensive than the previous sets, which were $9 for the whole thing.

I am considering taking pre-orders so I don't have to front the money myself. In order to make it worth people's while, I'd be throwing in either the Top 100 Book or the Fallacy of Dawn: the Book. The former is pretty close to being done, the second not so much.

It's total kitsch, the game itself isn't going to change. Not sure if anyone here is interested - I need to figure out a price that makes sense for all this. If a copy of Fallacy of Dawn in a much more presentable form is of interest to you, do hit up this thread, throw me a PM, or throw me an e-mail.

Been away for a week, catching up to the rest of the BBS now.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

hygraed

Post by hygraed »

the ree better fuck me up good

Ice Cream Jonsey

I'm going to create an example game tonight and have it shipped - I'll bump this thread when it's done with a pic to demonstrate ALL YOU GET with the new Feelie package.

Lysander

Post by Lysander »

Did you ever get anything out of the bug hunt you called for a couple years (dammit) back?
paidforbythegivedrewbetterblowjobsfundandthelibertyconventionforastupidfreeamerica

Ice Cream Jonsey

Yeah - I went through the script files and fixed everything I could find. The endgame should be in much better shape.

pinbacker

Post by pinbacker »

What is a ree? I forget the game entirely.
That's the wrong video, by the way.

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinbacker wrote:What is a ree? I forget the game entirely.
Rephasia (or: ree) is the drug Delarion Yar is addicted to.

Vitriola

Post by Vitriola »

Hygraed is the best poster on this board.

pinbacker

Post by pinbacker »

No, I am.

jjsonick

Post by jjsonick »

Ooo, make this so, Robb! Feelies.org desperately needs re-stocking.

I will buy one of these new-fangled versions myself, as well. And I will be very pleased, after the batch reaches me, with the instantaneous shipping when I hand one of the packets to myself . (For everyone besides Robb, who already knows: I'm going to be handling shipment of orders for Feelies.org).

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

I'd probably buy it.

Lex

Post by Lex »

I bagsy one of these. this is a pre-order request. Tell me dosh, shipping dosh and your paypal e-mail account.
WHOOA!

Ice Cream Jonsey

jjsonick wrote:Ooo, make this so, Robb! Feelies.org desperately needs re-stocking.

I will buy one of these new-fangled versions myself, as well. And I will be very pleased, after the batch reaches me, with the instantaneous shipping when I hand one of the packets to myself . (For everyone besides Robb, who already knows: I'm going to be handling shipment of orders for Feelies.org).
Yeah, it's slow going, but I am getting there. This WILL be back in stock on Feelies as soon as I can get the Linux bug fixed.

Ice Cream Jonsey

FEEDBACK REQUEST!

I put together a possible DVD slip case for Fallacy of Dawn. The goal is to get it made and make it available through Feelies.org.

Please tell me how the following can be improved:

Pic.

... Keeping in mind that it is impossible for me to not only get photographs of most of the people who were in the game, but they look absolutely nothing like they did, seeing how I used pictures that were 4-5 years old when I created the game in 2001. I definitely can't go back in time and get a group picture of Clorinda, Brian and my brother or anything. I tried to work around it best I could, but you know how it goes.

(And when I make a box for Cryptozookeeper, I definitely will not have it look anything like the FoD / Necrotic Drift slip cases. Promise! We'll do something new.)

Ice Cream Jonsey

Oh, things I intend to do:

1) Check with Emily, Eric, Adam and Ben to make sure that it's OK to use their quote on the DVD cover.

2) Put the frigging game's name along the spine. Whoops!

Ice Cream Jonsey

I am also going to do the following, based on some received feedback:

1) Remove the gun graphic on the back of the box.
2) Change the font that the quotes use. Having the names of the person I am quoting in that arcade font is OK, but the words themselves could be more readable.
3) I would love to get the text on the front of the box, below the picture of the main characters, justified left and right, so it looks all boxy. I can't remember what that justification is called, but Photoshop 7 doesn't support it natively. Argh.

pinbacker

Post by pinbacker »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:1) Check with Emily, Eric, Adam and Ben to make sure that it's OK to use their quote on the DVD cover.
Only if you fix "somewhere" to be one word instead of two, so you don't make me look like an illiterate jackass.

hygraed

Post by hygraed »

Who is that in the middle of the front graphic? I don't remember them being in the game at all.

Ice Cream Jonsey

The front graphic, meaning, right below the game's title? Delarion Yar?

hygraed

Post by hygraed »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:The front graphic, meaning, right below the game's title? Delarion Yar?
Oh yeah. I was thinking of Necrotic Drift, sorry.