Holy Shit Jonesy!!!

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Nihil Vulture

Holy Shit Jonesy!!!

Post by Nihil Vulture »

Damn Jonesy, this IF is awesome (FoD), first I downloaded the AVI, then I laughed my ass off... I thought you were using HTML TADS at first, but nope, it's the HUGO engine

Is it harder to progam in Hugo? or is it simple?

Right now, like i said, I am studying catch phrases for the I7...

Oki as for the music, I am making a doomish bm sound.. like Sunn, except more demonic, like Thergothon... That will be what SARGAAHL will be like... Nightblood, will be more atmospheric, and until get my keyboard (synth), I am putting that in the back burner (Nightblood)... But for now, it's just SARGAAHL...

NV / Sarg[/img]

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Holy Shit Jonesy!!!

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Nihil Vulture wrote:Damn Jonesy, this IF is awesome (FoD), first I downloaded the AVI, then I laughed my ass off... I thought you were using HTML TADS at first, but nope, it's the HUGO engine

Is it harder to progam in Hugo? or is it simple?
Hey, thanks man, I appreciate that. Hugo was, in the big scheme of things, easy to learn. It's pretty straightforward. In fact, if you do end up doing some Inform 6 programming, a lot of the syntax is fairly similar. One thing I really like about Hugo is that you can really tell it was developed by someone who had experienced the strict rules of other languages. There's no semicolons, you can choose whether or not to put parenthesis around a routine name if it has no arguments, that sort of thing. I love it. It's definitely my favorite language to program in.

Right now, like i said, I am studying catch phrases for the I7...

Oki as for the music, I am making a doomish bm sound.. like Sunn, except more demonic, like Thergothon... That will be what SARGAAHL will be like... Nightblood, will be more atmospheric, and until get my keyboard (synth), I am putting that in the back burner (Nightblood)... But for now, it's just SARGAAHL...
I am not 100% certain that Inform 7 supports audio... you know what, I am really out of the loop when it comes to the state of affairs in Inform. But I imagine that if it is not currently supported, it will be.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Sargh

ideas of the new project (Jonesy, you might like it)

Post by Sargh »

Hails everyone, Nihil Vulture here, but as you can see, it's also Sargh... Reason I go by Sargh is that I am black metal musician, but also a text game designer... I started off calling me Sarg, but peeps seem to not know German well... So I added an H...

I know this has nothing to do with Text Adventures, but bear with me

Anyways, I liquidated my musical projects to one music project called SUMMONCY... I still have three more songs to go... The first album is called "Unholiest of Blessings"

Yes Jonesy, I know that I7 doesn't do music... I apologize for not making myself clear, that I was working on music aside.. Noone's fault, just a mistake in communication... But Fallacy of Dawn's video is pretty damn awesome
And controlling sentences are very crisp

I am making a website, for Panzerwhore Records (was called Sudden Slow Death)... And I own a studio (very very small one) called Piss Poor Sounds

Well you know what I have to do to make one song

Yall take care
Sargh

bruce

Re: Holy Shit Jonesy!!!

Post by bruce »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:I am not 100% certain that Inform 7 supports audio... you know what, I am really out of the loop when it comes to the state of affairs in Inform. But I imagine that if it is not currently supported, it will be.
It does. Preliminary Ogg support.

Bruce