Parchment Links

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Parchment Links

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I made a front-page post about it, but wanted to put the links here, too. I've made two "Zcode" games in Inform, like 10 years ago. Parchment is an application that lets you play them over the Internet, and really makes them look great. Well, the games still bite, but they LOOK nice, if you follow.

Chicks Dig Jerks.

Revenger.

(If this is your first time playing any of my games, I promise you they got a little better in the decade that follows. CDJ is maybe an hour and half to play through, Revenger maybe 25 minutes.)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Have you had any problem with that Parchment link caching files?

I loaded one of my adventures with parchment. Then I removed the z5 file from my server, and the link works just fine.

That's less of a problem than this -- I keep replacing the z5 file with newer updates, and the link still shows the older, original file.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Re: Parchment Links

Post by pinback »

I'd like to play through this again, but before I do: Did you ever fix the bug? The one... towards the end? That made it unwinnable? CUZ I AIN'T PLAYIN' IF NOT.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

It seems like when I played it, I won. Or at least I got to the end. Or an end.

Wow, that wasn't helpful at all.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Sorry to bump this, but I found the answer to my own question. Parchment does cache files for about an hour.

http://code.google.com/p/parchment/issu ... ?id=125#c2