A decade in three boxes

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

A decade in three boxes

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I released Fallacy of Dawn on September 27th, 2001. I remember that I wanted to release it before the annual IF comp was finished, because I didn't want anyone to think that I cribbed their ideas (and releasing during the comp would have been rude).

Necrotic Drift was finished on June 20th, 2004. I remember wishing I had a better implementation for the music, and how I hoped that nobody would try to brute-force their way past the monsters, that people would "get" what the gameplay was supposed to be about.

I uploaded Crypto on May 27th to the Internet Archive. The Archive didn't know what to make of it, but HUMAN PAL Jason corrected it, because he's very good at what he does. I just got the proof DVD case tonight. I've corrected some errors and tomorrow or Thursday I hope to make the two-disc set and have a run of 200 copies made.

In the meantime, I did a game with Mike Sousa, whom I hope to work with again, and Pantomime, but there's a nice feeling to be had when I look above my fireplace and, next to the Q*bert marquee and Saints World Champs football I see in physical form the trilogy I've been doing for over ten years.

(Sorry for the navel-gazing post, it just took over a fourth of my life to get here and I needed a moment. Ahem. I'm back.)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

Man, Necrotic Drift especially doesn't feel like it was that long ago. Can't believe it puts that great Vegas trip back in '02 or '03 or something.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: A decade in three boxes

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I used to make games a lot faster than I do now.

Also, I saw this tonight: http://www.imgrum.org/user/retronemesis ... /498085643

It's cool, I don't mind, at least he asked (they never ask).
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Re: A decade in three boxes

Post by pinback »

I think we all feel the same way, if we throw a comma in the middle:

"Live, Retro."
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.