The Ecto Horror by Roody Yogurt

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

The Ecto Horror by Roody Yogurt

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Roody Yogurt put together a Speed IF game called The Ecto Horror! Get it here and play it!

http://roody.gerynarsabode.org/ectohorror.zip

(SPEED IF is much, much, much smaller in scope and size than your average text game. Most are just a few turns long! Consider them a bite-size helping of America's favorite genre.)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

The story behind this game is that it was the game I meant to write for a competition called "EctoComp," a comp started by ADRIFT users (previously, only ADRIFT games were allowed).

Anyhow, games for the comp were due by midnight on October 30th. October 30th was hella busy for me, so I didn't start writing my game until October 31st. Despite being inadmissible to the comp, I had already planned out the game in my head, and I wanted to make sure I released at least one more game before the year was out, crappy or not (and who knows how fast the next two months will fly past).

I also spent more than the allotted three hours coding the game. If you count my game as two games, though, (as it is two game files), I did finish writing it in under six hours.

Anyhow, there are some things that could be better, but unlike previous SpeedIF-type games I have written, as of now, I intend to ignore the urge to fix things and leave it as it is.