Archive / zips testing

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Archive / zips testing

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

If someone has Windows, could you download the new zip for Necrotic Drift and see if it comes up OK when you click on ndrift.exe?

http://www.joltcountry.com/downloads/ndrift.zip

If everything seems OK I'll upload it to the archive and do the Mac and Linux versions next.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

I downloaded it and it ran. When it launched on my machine it was full screen and the text took up a 1 inch column in the middle of the screen with 95% of the screen black. If that's how it's supposed to look, it worked.

Link:
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack wrote:I downloaded it and it ran. When it launched on my machine it was full screen and the text took up a 1 inch column in the middle of the screen with 95% of the screen black. If that's how it's supposed to look, it worked.

Link:
Thanks! That was a colossal failure, but I am glad that you saw it before it went to the archive.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I've placed a new version up with a .cfg file if anyone doesn't have Hugor on their system and wants to try it out:

http://www.joltcountry.com/downloads/ndrift.zip

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

Works great for me.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Just so you know, this means a lot to me during a dark time, friends. Thank you.

The Hugor thread, after re-reading it, does state that a cfg file should be included with a game. So, cool.

I'm going to upload that file to the Internet Archive and then get to work on Linux and Mac downloads. I've decided that it's too confusing to put Windows, Linux and Mac terps out AND the story file AND "oh hey, to download everything, get this." So from now on, just Windows / Mac / Linux downloads.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I tried the new version and it worked great!
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

I really appreciate it, Flack. Thank you.

Just uploaded it to the archive. I changed the link on the main page of the site to direct to the games page that genericgeekgirl made for me a few years ago (http://www.joltcountry.com/games) and I think things are looking up!