WIP: Wander Strange

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

ishtenos

WIP: Wander Strange

Post by ishtenos »

Hey look, a new ACK project!

It's been quiet for a little while, so figured I'd drop an update on a little project I've been working on. It's not anything particularly grandiose or involved, but I've some hopes on seeing it through to completion.

Wander Strange

Set the day after tomorrow, the player awakens to find themselves lost and alone on a small island, uncertain of exactly what transpired to bring them there. The world is open and seemingly without boundary, although before long it becomes clear that you are not the first to wander these lands... and you possibly will not be the last.

Drawing inspiration from open-world RPGs such as Wasteland and Ultima 4, I'm aiming to create a non-linear experience that is more focused on discovery and interpretation. It formed out of a previous ACK project I started a few years ago that was a love letter to Wasteland (Charred), but somewhere along the line lost steam on. So the aim is to make sure that Chris H, Admiral, and a few others aren't alone in having completed ACK projects out there.
~Ishtenos
@Roaming Cactus

ishtenos

Post by ishtenos »

Some screenshots:

Title

Start Screen

Gameplay shot

~Ishtenos
@Roaming Cactus

Admiral Ackguh

Post by Admiral Ackguh »

Very promising!
- A:A:

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

ishtenos wrote:(image)Wander Strange
Into the forest I go
To lose my mind
And find my soul
On the other hand, one of my favorite songs from 23 years ago, Martin Page, In the House of Stone and Light sang:
Martin Page wrote:I shall not cry for the blind man I leave behind
when I go in the house of stone and light, ...
In the house of stone and light
(I must go there, to find my soul, yeah)
It's still nice poetry even if the idea isn't new.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.