Looking for graphics resources

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

xboxown

Looking for graphics resources

Post by xboxown »

Hey guys,

I have made game in adventure construction set for the Apple // called the invasion. About alien invasion. I want to make a series of that game and call it The Invasion 2 with adventure creation kit. I am looking for a graphical resource to use in my game. Can someone help me on this? Can I import from any website? If so...what are the format, size and color requirement that I need to do to import the graphics into my project. Is there a video tutorial to show me how?

Thanks in advance.

McDeath

Re: Looking for graphics resources

Post by McDeath »

No link to invasion 1 game? I’m not sure I have that one. Lot of ACS game from the old clubs that were never ported to images.
With great sandwiches comes great nachos.

xboxown

Post by xboxown »

Do you have any idea what is the size of the graphics I need to use for adventure creation kit? How do I import the graphics into the game? Finally, do you have any idea where I can go to hire someone to do graphics for me?

McDeath

Post by McDeath »

I haven’t had the pleasure to try ack other than play a little ULTIMA 4.5 Hey Dude where’s my avatar. Sorry.
With great sandwiches comes great nachos.

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

Oo nice. I'm only about four months late replying to this one! :)

I can do your graphics for you. What would you like? If you want we can arrange some one on one private chats or something to iron out the details.
Which of you is interested in my fine wares?

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

Oh yeah you asked about ACK tile dimensions. 16x16. 256 color pallette.

I have been working on ACK for about ten years now. No completed games to my name so far I'm embarrassed to say.

You can see my graphics work here in various threads where I've answered requests for sets or submitted my own customized sets to the public.

Mostly reworked better looking 256 color versions of some classic tilesets. I made a complete set of ACK tiles for making Wasteland style adventures.

And a complete set for my most ambitious ACK project which was to create an ACK conversion or simulation of the classic Japanese console game Metal Gear.

I actually came closer to completing that than any other game I've worked on.

It turned out to be a bit too ambitious for one humble game creator. It required many complex macros to work properly and I couldn't remember which of rld's megapatch versions I was using or which of his hacks I used.

So everytime I tried to work on it I would end up wasting all my time just trying to get it back into working bug free shape.

This is why I recommend keeping things simple and less ambitious for anyone new to ACK.

If you are more experienced with ACK and want to try out the megapatch I can't stress enough the importance of keeping a thorough development log.

Keep a detailed record of each and every megapatch hack you use, everywhere it is used in your game and which version.

Make backups of project after any changes made but only if those changes didn't break anything.

Common sense stuff. Something I must have lacked when I started with my big projects. :(
Which of you is interested in my fine wares?