ACK bug discussion thread

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

Awesome feedback GB! I am in your debt.

EDIT: I went with the duplicate room switching trick and it is working like a charm now. Thanks again.
Which of you is interested in my fine wares?

Chris H

Post by Chris H »

Yup, I'm alive :) Just very busy with work. I'll check this thread in more detail a little later, I especially want to run through those U4PART2 bugs and see if I can duplicate any of them.

jossiejojo

Post by jossiejojo »

Not sure if this is a bug but Im working on a game which is going well in every respect except 'using' (wearing) armor.

The player goes into his inventory and readies the armor by pressing u and return...For one piece of armor nothing happens, for another the screen fills with ascii letters...

Also Ive made 3 or 4 games now and in each of them it would have been nice if there had been a 'follow' command that would allow npcs to follow the player - either to help the plot or to form a little party of sorts...

thanks

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

Just wanted to confirm that I have also encountered all the same bugs rld has reported in pages 4 and 5 of this thread. I also second the motion for all of the feature requests he suggested in those posts.

Think you will get some more bug-fixes/add-ons anytime soon?

I know your a busy man Chris and you do this on your own PT without pay. I respect and appreciate that sooo much. Which is why I waited so long to bug you about it. :D
Which of you is interested in my fine wares?

Heather Harrison

Post by Heather Harrison »

Here is a possible bug. Of course, it might have something to do with regions that have somehow been corrupted.

In my Ultima II remake, I'm having a problem with vehicles. In some regions (but not all), when I try to exit a vehicle, I get the normal exit message, but the player can't ever exit the vehicle. (These vehicles do not use exit macros.) For example, I can board and exit vehicles all I want in the BC wilderness map, but I can't exit vehicles in Towne Linda. It used to be possible to exit a skiff there, but it isn't now. I wonder what changed.

This is a weird problem.

Heather

Heather Harrison

Here is a quick update...

Vehicles seem to work fine in most regions. I've teleported into all of the BC locations with a horse and tried dismounting. Only two regions appear to have trouble with vehicles. All of the regions I have tested are world maps.

This makes me think that something got corrupted in those two regions. I wonder if I can fix it by copying some of the files onto an old backup that was made before I started having this problem.

I'll try a few things and if I find a solution, I'll post it here in case anyone else has a similar problem later.

Heather

Heather Harrison

I found a simple work-around for this problem in case anyone else has similar difficulties.

Create an exit macro. Manually set the player's icon number, set vehicle to 0, and place the vehicle object on the map where the player is. Set SUCCESS=0. Display an appropriate message.

This seems to work fine. A single exit macro for all vehicles should work; just use the vehicle number as a switch, and add any special content as needed.

Heather