[WIP] WACK <<Wasteland ACK>>

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
rld wrote:
Garth's Equipment Shop wrote: BTW: Im scrapping the voice acting idea. Too much work for one man and theres only so much I can do with my own voice.
Garth, I know this has been suggested before but I think there might be a number of people who frequent this board who would be willing to provide voice samples.

Are you doing short lines or whole dialogs? I was thinking what you could do is set up a sticky thread and just set up a list of one-liners or short clips you are looking for as a starting point, and specify what format (like WAV) you want them in. That would make it fairly easy for interested people to just try recording a few and email them to you, and you could go from there.

So you could list it out like:

Male character 1 - details on age or accent if you want
"Lock and load!"
"We're all clear!"
"I don't like the looks of this place..."

Female character 1
"Did you see that?"
"I think we need to stop and ask directions..."
"Scanning the vicinity for trouble..."

and so on. I think you should specify that anyone who submits you voice samples is placing them in public domain, and then we could eventually have a catalog of voice sound clips (hosted on 80sgaming.org or somewhere) that anyone could use in any game. I think this would be really useful for a lot of people designing ACK games.
I will provide voice samples. SIRS.
Sweet! Thanks for volunteering Rob. I'll definitely be hittin ya up for some voice tagging or verbal graffitti in the near future. In the meantime, take care of yourself! No more screaming at the teams followed by all night drunken chanting and singing your team's fight song. You need to take care of that voice for us, don't lose it! ;)
Which of you is interested in my fine wares?