Mozomedia appears to be down

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Garth's Equipment Shop

Mozomedia appears to be down

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

Been reloading page on and off for a few hours now, same result everytime.

JJSonick-Guest

Post by JJSonick-Guest »

Yeah, it's a total cluster-fuck. The host mozomedia is on, nexpoint, which was a decent host for 9 years, disappeared into a black hole taking all of its sites with it, about the time you posted the above. They're still down. The entire mozomedia domain was held hostage because, if you registered a domain through them, turns out they registered it in their name & their contact email. It's only today, a week later, that someone has finally unlocked the domain for me. You can read about the fun I and others have had here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1142206

I can't find my backup of the site, so it might be best to point to Chris's site for all downloads for now.

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

Yeah, sorry to hear about your webhost troubles, Josh. That bites.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

If I can permanently or temporarily host files to help out, just let me know.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Garth's Equipment Shop

Heres what I had backed up. Its from before your converted over to wordpress but I added the nav bar to all of the old pages from one word press page i did have. I linked up what I could. some of the mozo links are still in there though. That was some crazy ass spaghetti code in there! I only cleaned it up enough to be functional. So its still pretty messy in there. Also if I put more time into it I would have all the pages reference a single image directory and single css file and js file.
But atleast you can see some of what you did mirrored here.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/21267578/ACK/m ... intro.html

JJSonick-Guest

Post by JJSonick-Guest »

Roody, thank you - it's not been fun.

Garth, thanks for taking the time for that, but that's actually an older version of my ACK site that was my experiment using the WYSIWYG iWeb (shudder), that's why the code is a disaster. The newer version that had been live for last couple of years was a Wordpress install. The wordpress database is what's missing - I swore I'd backed it up but can't find it anywhere. Anyway, Chris's site would be better than a resurrection of the iWeb mess.

Jonsey, thanks for your offer, too - I have a new host (Inmotion), it's again the database that's the issue. If nexpoint ever gets my old site back up, I can export the database, and move it over to Inmotion, and switch the domain.

Still waiting to see if nexpoint can manage that...

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

JJSonick-Guest wrote:a decent host for 9 years, disappeared into a black hole ... mozomedia domain was held hostage because, if you registered a domain through them, turns out they registered it in their name & their contact email.
I thought shit like this stopped years ago. Specifically ICANN rules don't allow this; for cust. wanting privacy, registrar can't be nominee owner, clearly this company was pulling something sneaky. Go Daddy mentions this for private registrations, Go Daddy cannot be the nominee owner. A company also only supposed to do private registrations if asked. This is why all my domains have my real name and address for owner to prevent this sort of shit. And I use three different registrars. If I had address worries I'd get a PO box. But I wouldn't allow a third party to put their name on my domain.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Garth's Equipment Shop

Cant wait to see it back online jj!

jjsonick

Post by jjsonick »

OK, nexpoint has still not brought my old stuff back online, but my ACK site (and the rest of mozomedia.com) is back up on my new host, Inmotion. :)

Garth's Equipment Shop

Excellent!