Minax And The Wheel of Time

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

joebonk

Minax And The Wheel of Time

Post by joebonk »

Minax and the Wheel of Time script

Hello. I'm putting on hold my other game, Quest of Enoch to do another game. I'm almost done with quest except for the big macros that would decide the final maps and
characters. Meanwhile I have another idea.

Opening: Player awakens to a force field generated around their house. Earth's time line has been compromised. Demons attack the Avatar, but a celestial knight named metatron
comes to the rescue. Tells avatar that earth has undergone a massive transformation. The culprit is Minax who has returned. She is another version of Minax who slipped passed
the developments of ultima2. This Minax, which is not the version defeated by the avatar in ultima2, was able to force the outcome of ultima 2 and instead escaped it with a
new plan, to sieze the 'Wheel of Time.' A powerful object created by an ancient race of celestial knights to restore balance to the universe during a long ago time fracture.
Minax saw that her true dreams could only be realized by possessing this artefact. She ends up doing so. Her first decision then was to kill off the avatar. Which fails in the
opening. She also pushed Lord British, who was ruling earth at the time, into a time gate (the grey one) so he would never end up ruling Earth. Forever altering earth's future.
He subsequently found the planet Sorcera to which he conquers and ends up ruling. This development does not please Minax, so she also puts a force field around Lord British's
castle and demons attack him as well. But LB is no push over so his magic and his troops have held off the assault.
The celestial knight Metatron first sends the Avatar to a celestial realm in which he is trained as a magical fighter. Given the skills he will need for the upcoming battle. One
task will be to forge mystic weapons and mystic armour. Next he is to go to LB's castle to help liberate it. Britannia has already undergone a severe time shift. Most of the
population has never existed, but rather has been replaced by new people who have never heard of the eight virtues. Only the residents of the castle remember them. The shrines
have been compromised and now represent eight different virtues or powers. One task of the avatar is to convert them back into the original virtues. Doing so restores that area
(and town) back to the time line of the normal Britannia, where people know of the virtues and LB being ruler.
Some new developments, Horrace has become the ruler of the dead and the underworld. Liche Horrace was never defeated by the Avatar in ultima 7. His tower has an entrance to the
underworld where he and the dead rule. The moon gates are now time gates. There are several britanias.
First Britannia is dragon ruled dinosaur early Britannia.
Second is ancient man Britania and zog is the ruler. He has a wisp quest.
Third is present Britannia.
Forth is future Britannia ruled by Horrace and everything is dead. (someone on a forum somewhere proposed a Horrace ruled Britannia which gave me the idea, I will ask him if I can use the idea, and give him credit)
Fifth is aftermath Britannia which is the center of time for many worlds, a single castle rules them all. It's purpose is to seek out all worlds, infiltrate their time lines, and reshape them to be ruled by aftermath. And the guard of this castle is none other then the guardian. Who will never forget these events.
The way to restore the map of present Britannia, since their are eight shrines and cities, is to make each of those areas their own map. So each eight has two versions. One still in Minax power, and one restored to LB's power. The compromised shrines are planet anchors, they pull Britannia’s shape, both mystically and physically into aftermath over centuries of exertion. They will surround castle aftermath.
Characters who will be in the game:
Minax
Mundane
Exodus (who is the computer controlling the Wheel Of Time Artefact)
Lord British
Zog
The Shadow Lords (8 of them who have taken over the eight shrines and there town counterparts)
The Time Lord
The Guardian
8 great council of wizard members. (which gives eight quest of rescuing, In very different types of magic prisons)
Father Antos (who is a cleric of the celestial knights)
Batlin (who rules alternat planet x)
King Shamino (Who does not recognise the Avatar)

Their will be maps of the two ultima moons. I wonder if purest would hate this but I want to make one of the moons the location of the shrine of spirituality. It gets shattered. In present Britannia the night sky is cluttered, With only one moon and a shattered moon which consist of small asteroids orbiting the sky. Occasionally one of them falls to Britannia and leaves a big crater in its wake. The largest one has already fallen to Britannia and smashed a large hole into the continent that reaches all the way to the underworld. This divides the Eastern and Western part of Britannia, the main land becomes two main lands. So one of the quest is to go back in time and Zog will help you stop the moon from shattering. But in order to do this Zog and the human race of Britannia back then have to pay the ultimate price. If anyone is familiar with the conversations Zog had with the Wisp in ultima6 then they will know what happens/happened. I think lock lake will be the crater that smashes the continent in two. (she was aiming for LB's castle location to snuff it out completely but it failed to hit the right target. The avatar in the celestial realm, in the very beginning, while training to be a celestial knight, is tasked to divert the falling moon planetoid, from outer space, so as to prevent it from removing the land area LB's castle needs to exist on.) The Avatar becomes a celestial badass. One spell will be (while the moon asteroids exist) is to call one down on his enemies.

The new bad virtues will completely rule the kind of people existing in those area. One bad virtue (the replacement for sacrifice) will be vampires. And will be ruled by
vampires. The three castles: love, courage, and truth, will be dark vortexes that reach out to the stars, are conduits of the wheel of time existing in aftermath. The dark
vortexes are rooted in the underworld. And are caused by the three shards that the avatar placed in each flame during ultima 5. Once the shards have been recovered, they must be
reunited to become the ultimate soul crystal, this will be the gem that will be used to capture Horace in the future. (something else ends up happening though.) Then the avatar
needs to re-light the three flames on the surface of Britannia. Doing so will restore the area map to include the three castles of truth love and courage. Basically The Avatar
has to turn present Britannia back into Normal non-Minax ruled Britannia. An adventure like this allows for many different futures, one of which is a demolished Britannia where
LB's castle, due to magic, is left standing floating on an asteroid. All futures have to be visited to figure out the next step the avatar must take. Also, the avatar being a
celestial knight, there will be a return to space travel. and visits the other planets in the solar system. Restoring a town doesn't change a time gate back into a moon gate, but each transformation of a town unlocks another possible past or future.

The non-ultima addition is the celestial knights. Who are both warriors and wizards. Space automations similar to the serpent isle automations. The Avatar becomes one
him/herself. Which is how they survive the vacuum of space. There are three paths to celestial hood. One is to be a ruler of a planet under their protection. Lord British took
that path. Purest might be bothered that I'm defining LB's reason for being a ruler. Another path is to be a cleric. Clerics forge the eight powers into virtues upon each planet
under the protection of the celestials. And the third is Avatar hood. Each planet is given an avatar. Each avatar never knows of the celestial path until they obtain the true force of the eight powers/virtues. Then they ascend to the celestial to become celestial knights. The Shadow Lords live only in the mystic side of the universe and resent that creation took a direction into physical manifestation. Thus they have always been the enemies of the celestial order. They travel the cosmos as comet like bolts. Often thought of as evil arrows of the sky gods. They appear in the physical world as shadowy apparitions seeking to consume the physical bodies of those at the moment of death. They go after those who could not obtain the fruits of virtue during their lives. This is their interest in helping Minax obtain what she wants. Each Shadow Lord will farm their cities for their dead.

Planet X will still be in earth's solar system. And to reach Father Antos is a task of visiting all of the planets one at a time to free them of Minax's power.
Maps: (many maps can be squeezed together, in the way that serpent isle was.)
18 planet maps
16 maps of cities of present Britannia
3 to 12 moon maps (depends)
1 dino Britannia
1 Zog britania/pre-sorcera
10 future Britannias
2 aftermaths
1 underworld map (which includes all dungeons)
1 LB earth ruled Britain (where the avatar is officially knighted)
2 sun maps. (mystic armour and weapons need the charge of a star)
To breach Aftermath Castle, the 8 great council members need to be the guardians of the future shrines surrounding the castle, instead of the 8 shadow lords. And together they
cast a breach castle spell of some kind. The great thing about a time adventure is that you can always say these events happen only in this time line (encase the purest get mad)
Also Minax is the ultimate villain as she is a time traveler that can spin off many sequels. And to make matters worrisome, Minax can alter the events to restore a possible future or town. Forcing the Avatar to do that quest all over again. I think that should be a punishment of death.
I don't know what to title it. Ultima X? The Ultima That Never Was. Ultima, Trapped In Time. Minax And the Wheel Of Time. I want the name Ultima in it. If anyone has any
thoughts or ideas or suggestions are welcomed.

Chris H

Post by Chris H »

Is this an Ultima I-III reboot, then? Ultima: Origins?

I'd avoid Ultima X, since it was almost a thing (and would have taken place after U9)

btw what I saw of Quest of Enoch looked pretty cool, you sure you want to put it on hold? :)

joebonk

minax

Post by joebonk »

Every time I play something I get excited and want to do it in ack. And then I write out a whole game script. I spent a week writing this game script, then When I went to ack, I started a saceship game instead (always wanted to do one). But The Enoch has some problems. I deleted some objects that were left on some maps, and I changed other objects and there functions, and then I made large conversations that need changing now. And then I added werewolf support. and I'm running out of maps to make. Each country has its own maps, and these have cities and towns and shacks. And I wanted to have ncp portraits but I can't add them to the palette without changing the tiles already and I cant draw so good so I can make just cartoony portraits that will work. Now I'm just going to wrap it up and make the rest that isn't necessary as generic as possible because the whole thing is large! If someone wants to look at the game and has suggestions then I'll send it, but I go over the maps and things have been switched around alittle so hmm many needs some clean up.

joebonk

Minax quest

Post by joebonk »

What I want to do is make an Ultima game that puts space travel back into it. But I would like to merge it with knights instead of space ships. So I'll incorporate the Ophidians from Serpent Isle u7. Since their bodies could survive the vacuum of space. So they'll be like space knights. The story will be that the planet of Britannia has a strong source of 3 energies that are used by the 3 serpents (order chaos and balance) and that every culture that developed on the planet, the ophidians, the gargoyles the britannians the serpent isle later inhabitants always utilized a path of 3. But the story will go that shattering Mondain's gem (which had focused heavily on the 3 energies) destabalized the planets surface. So the end was near until the ophidians stepped in and place the serpents pillars upon the planet.The pillars effectively divided the possible continents into manageable segments that could continue to exist but they no longer connected to each other so to visit these other lands, you now had to go through the serpent pillars (just as in serpent isle).
I'll work on it next after finishing the other project.

Admiral Ackguh

Post by Admiral Ackguh »

Maybe have something like Spelljammers, but with space-flying dragons rather than ships?
- A:A:

joebonk

minax

Post by joebonk »

Thats a good idea. I been working on animating bmps for space flight. Have various distance stars move from right to left at different speeds of animation. Then have a bmp also animating at the left side of screen of an angel the player controls (this is for quest of enoch, almost done) And then random space demons appear on the right side and the two fight it out. A dragon also would work. I'd use the same animations except for the player bmps.