Activate underneath in Macros?

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

joebonk

Activate underneath in Macros?

Post by joebonk »

Is there a command in the macros for activate all underneath (terraine)?
What I want to happen is the player is talking to a bad king and the king gets angry and calls for the guards. I would put guards under brick tiles and have a macro run in conversation
which activates all underneath.
Also I have a room with a crystal ball and looking into it
would activate a bunch of evil wizards under brick tiles.
But if this can not be done in a conversation or a macro
then I guess I'll have to find another way.
thanx

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

To do this you would simply create a special copy or instance of the terrain tile they are hiding under, same graphic just different instance in the terrain objects. In other words where the hidden guards are standing, whichever terrain they are standing on already you cover them with a new space object made just for covering hidden bad guys but with same graphic tile as the one they are standing on. Then in the macro you would simply remove all instances of that object. And you run that macro at whichever point in the conversation is appropriate. While they are covered they wont move. As soon as they are uncovered they will behave normally according to their alignment.

joebonk

Activate underneath

Post by joebonk »

Yes. Thank you Garth. That would be the way, remove the
items in the room and then guards will be waiting underneath. And in the crystal ball, the same thing.
I figure to save object space, I will make only one crystal ball then the macro first ask what region the player is in and
once knowing this will figure out what that crystal ball will
do, in this instance remove the tile space object that needs
removing whenever a macro wants them removed.
Then run the command that removes this object.
I made more then one barrel and forgot why. Now I realize that I made one for world maps that never get removed and
one for rooms that do get removed whenever looked at.
But I ended up putting the wrong barrel in the world maps, lots, and now have to go back and change them. Since the names of the barrels are the same when picking them it is important to remember which is which.
I also have more then one burning man and burning women (for hell) because one dies and one doesn't and also makes different sounds when being attacked and I always forget which is which. When you are working on a project everyday it is easy to remember what you are doing but if you take a week or two break then I forget what I was doing.

Thank you for the macro command remove all instances of this object in the room. Actually Once I realized that I was making this possible I started making lots of sudden appearances of things. Now I have to go back and remove the regular floor tile covering the guards and stuff and make then new removable object hide them. Thank you again.