Replace all objects on all maps?

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

joebonk

Replace all objects on all maps?

Post by joebonk »

I want to exchange on all maps one object for another at once. Basically every map has this problem I made. Doing it manually would be a terrible work. I do know that if you change an existing object (delete, then add another) the new object will take the place of the old one. But if you have deleted more then one object then make a new one, the placement is out of order. But no matter.
What I wanted to know is there a way to change all the same objects (the same object number) on all maps with a different object number? A hAck maybe. I found a better way to design the map and made a change I probably shouldn't have. Now all maps have the edge of rivers being a stove. My new river edges can be set graphic later which saved space in the general tile set. Not only would I have to swap all stoves with another object but the object that it needs swapping with has to be a set graphic later.
This is one of the reasons why I started over on Quest Of E.
Last edited by joebonk on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Garth's Equipment Shop

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

Its better to leave your old question threads intact for when others want to ask a similar question they can then see how it was answered and then dont have to waste a post on it.