ACK Megapatch Threads & Bug Reports

Chris H.'s Ultima / ACS-style game development system!

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, joltcountry

Garth's Equipment Shop

ACK Megapatch Threads & Bug Reports

Post by Garth's Equipment Shop »

BUG REPORTING

(ACK bug discussion thread)

[MANUAL] ERRORS, TYPOS, SUGGESTIONS

OFFICIAL UPDATES

The official ACK updates log file (Last updated 2009)

PATCHES BY RLD

ACK Mega Patch v0.8 PREVIOUS PATCHES FEATURE (OR HACK) REQUESTS

[H]ACK REQUEST: A few simple cosmetic adjustments...

RUNNING ACK ON OTHER PLATFORMS

Article hosted on Mozomedia - Making a standalone OS X ACK game app

Jolt Country thread: Making a standalone OS X ACK game app

ACK on Droid

THE SOURCE CODE

Turbo Pascal reference online (Needs new links. Old links dead.)

ACKSRC.ZIP - ACK source code

Notepad++

Free-Pascal Documentation

Free-Pascal Downloads for Many Platforms

Pascal Programming for Schools - If you are just learning about programming and want to learn Pascal or Object Pascal, please visit the Pascal Programming for Schools website at www.pp4s.co.uk where you will learn all the skills needed before you can start your journey into the world of game programming.

Free Pascal Tutorial 1 - The First Program - Lazarus (Hello World) - This video tutorial series will focus on using the Lazarus IDE on Windows. The series will start by using the console application of Free Pascal as maintained by Lazarus and then move to GUI applications once the syntax and logic have been introduced.

LAZERUS - The professional Free Pascal RAD IDE

MISCELLANEOUS

Adventure Creation Kit - The First Official ACK Development Thread. Before I used the word obsolete to describe this thread which may have been a bad choice of words. I only meant to say it contained many references to bugs that few of us remember ever existing thanks to Chris's fixes as well as a few things he removed and replaced such as the old sound system.

It is a historical thread recording the most recent period of ACK development around 2008-2009 when Chris found the time and inspiration to breath new life into his aging pascal 6 code (from the early 90's just before Delphi) and spiritual heir/sequel to Stuart Smith's Golden Age 8bit mangum opus the Adventure Construction Set or ACS. For hopeless ACK addicts like myself it is a joy to read.

Reading about that exciting time not so long ago when the creator of ACK picked up where he left off around 15 years earlier inspires me in my recent efforts to become more familiar with his source code. After that many years even the author/programmer must have often felt as if he were trying to decipher someone else's code!